Monarail Resorts

DisJosh

My personal fav. is the Grand Floridian which is prob the most expensive. I've neve stayed there but I have used the pool and the food court ect....I liked it its really nice. I know alot of people here like the polynesian too....I havent seen tons of the hotel but the buffet I went to was great. The contemporary is really neat lookin but the rooms are what the hotel says theyre contemporary and ugly if you ask me but theres some great restaurants there and they have a cool pool area.

Upvote 0

jay_london

I haven't stayed at the poly although am a regular visitor, I have stayed at both the contemp and GF and I would say that the GF wins hands down. I enjoyed our contemp. stay but the rooms are a bit tired and could do with uplifting a little. The service there was excellent as was the food.

The Grand feels very grand without being pompous or intimidating, again the service is second to none, food is great and the rooms are light, spacious and with great views where ever you stay.

So for me its The GF

Upvote 0

DisJosh

I enjoy the same part of the contemporary wdwimagineer.....but the rooms in the contemporary were contemporary when the park and hotel first opened.....now its just dated and ugly lookin (in the rooms).

Upvote 0

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by DisJosh
I enjoy the same part of the contemporary wdwimagineer.....but the rooms in the contemporary were contemporary when the park and hotel first opened.....now its just dated and ugly lookin (in the rooms).

Yeah, but that wouldn't bother me if I got a tower view facing Seven Seas Lagoon!!

Upvote 0

jay_london

Originally posted by DisJosh

Yes I have to agree, overall although this has to be one of the most important hotels in terms of its image and design it really does need some work done on it, I do love this hotel but as I said the GF is best overall

Upvote 0

bonbon

I think the Poly is really cool. I've never stayed anywhere else I like it so much. I love the amosphere and the rooms are really nice. Plus, I love being so close to Ohana's!!! :)

Woo-hoo! 8 days to go!!!

Upvote 0

Ariel

I love the Polynesian. Just the whole atmosphere...the music...the torches at night. The Great Ceremonial House is amazing and Ohanas is one of the best places to dine. They've got the luau and the view of the castle...I just love it there.

Upvote 0

markymark

I always suspected her!!

Speaking as someone who hasn't stayed at any of them, my choice would be the Poly. I just think it looks fantastic, its looks to me like a great place to really unwind after a hot day in the parks.

Like I said, this is just the one I'd choose, as a personal preference, maybe one day I'll have actually stayed at all of them and change my mind!

Upvote 0

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
Close Call

I couldn't say really. I've stayed only at the Grand Floridian (based on MK monorail resorts) and I thought it was too fancy. I would have to say the Polynesian.

ALOOOOHA!!!

Upvote 0

Kevin

Depends what you are looking for. The Grand Floridian has the most 'rich' feel to it and it very crisp and beautiful. The Poly has an older island feel to it but is clean and has great atmosphere. The Contemporary is usually young kids favorite because they love the monorail going through it and Mickey's Character Breakfast on the main floor is a huge hit.

If you can afford one of these 3 hotels, you can't go wrong. All 3 are fantastic.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom