Momma Melrose Italian in DHS?

DisneyXmas

image.jpg
Place has a very good steak while my son has never complained about the chicken parm. Apps the calamari is very good and the also still provide bread prior to the meal. I order my steak with a side of pasta rather than Mac n cheese.

DisneyJunkie

My wife and I ate at Mama Melrose once, and that was plenty. The service was fine, but the food was extremely underwhelming. I can, and have, gotten better at the local Olive Garden.

DisneyDebNJ

Love it! It is a must do for DH and I. Great food and service! Favorite Italian restaurant on property for pasta. Our fave for pizza is Via Napoli. In fact we will be eating at both yet again in Oct and can't wait. :)
I really need to try Mama Melrose again. Went years ago and didn't care for it. So many say it's improved vastly!

DisneyXmas

I was one of those that had walked away from the place years ago saying I'd never go back Heard so many good things went back three years ago, what a difference. Not sure about the pasta dishes, but the steak awesome.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I really need to try Mama Melrose again. Went years ago and didn't care for it. So many say it's improved vastly!
Yes you definately need to try it again! We have been several times since 2013 and it has been wonderful. Me and DH usually get one of the pasta dishes. He gets the Seafood Aribiatta(sp) and I get one I can't recall the name but it has a spicy cream sauce and I get it with shrimp. To us for pasta it's the best dishes we have had in WDW. And I am picky about my pasta as I love it and I'm part Italian! Lol :)

HouCuseChickie

We've eaten there once because it was the best non-signature option for the F! package.

When it comes to Italian food, the Jersey girl in me is super critical. DH and I stuck with steaks for our entrees at the urging of others and it was a wise choice. I tasted the Italian style entrees ordered by others in our group and it was meh. The service and seating was also horribly slow when we dined there. We waited around 45 min just to be seated. Maybe this is one of those - experiences may vary considerably - sort of things, but the F! pkg is the only reason why I'd consider it.

DisneyXmas

No offense. I go for the steak just get pasta as a side rather than Mac n cheese. Kids eat anything so works out good for me as he has no complains, but when we use to go to le cellier there was never anything he would eat

sxeensweet

We've eaten there once because it was the best non-signature option for the F! package.

When it comes to Italian food, the Jersey girl in me is super critical. DH and I stuck with steaks for our entrees at the urging of others and it was a wise choice. I tasted the Italian style entrees ordered by others in our group and it was meh. The service and seating was also horribly slow when we dined there. We waited around 45 min just to be seated. Maybe this is one of those - experiences may vary considerably - sort of things, but the F! pkg is the only reason why I'd consider it.
Was this before Fall 2013? Just asking because as I noted above they changed the menu then and most since then have enjoyed it but of course not all as everyone is different. :)

HouCuseChickie

Was this before Fall 2013? Just asking because as I noted above they changed the menu then and most since then have enjoyed it but of course not all as everyone is different. :)

It was pre-2013, so it may be a result of the menu change. Do you know if it was just a menu change or if there were also changes that went deeper? Just curious as maybe it's worth another try at some point.

sxeensweet

It was pre-2013, so it may be a result of the menu change. Do you know if it was just a menu change or if there were also changes that went deeper? Just curious as maybe it's worth another try at some point.
All I know is the menu changed and did an overhaul. I don't know if management etc changed. We have been several times since then and had no problems with food and service. Most agree that have been since the changes. You should give it another shot. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom