Pre-Trip Mom are you really going to make me spend my birthday in the car?

The answer to that is yes if you want to go to Disney with us.
Let me start at the beginning just over a year ago. We decided to go back to Disney and thought a trip arriving on August 3rd would work best for out schedule. Well due to some good luck we were able to extend our trip but it had to be at the beginning of the trip. So We're leaving out the door before 6am on July 30th. My baby's birthday.
For those who don't know it's us again me the mom Figgy to my friends here, my dh who is almost at his goal weight for the trip, and our 2 boys M who's autistic and doesn't like me talking about him and my baby and assistant planner, fellow Disney junkie who's 14th birthday is driving day.
The plan is to be out the door and drive to the Daytona area to get a good night's sleep before heading to DTD. We always spend a bit of time at DTD on our way in to get in the Disney mood stretch our legs and maybe a stop in WOD and Basin. This time we're going to stop in at guest services to get a birthday button for my ds. Plan A was to have lunch at T Rex but my dh now has to eat gluten free we're going to check out D Luxe Burger instead. After lunch it's check in at SOG and if it's sunny some swimming and then maybe the monorail hop. Even if we don't do the hop we'll at least walk over to Poly because I'm sure a Lapu will be calling my name by then LOL

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I forgot after the last fp was finally booked, we found some time to squeeze in Behind the Seeds on our full EPCOT day. Packing is well underway! Some things are even in the car for the ride:)

I finally ordered our food for our BOG lunch yesterday, I would have done it sooner but my dh couldn't make up his mind:cautious::rolleyes::arghh::banghead::banghead::banghead: We also got our official check in email for the condo. I printed out a hard copy just to make sure we had it on hand. My dh is checking in himself while the boys and I are in the parks. We also decided we may just try the 4 park hop our last Disney park day and put some plans together for that. The next day is sleeping in shopping and dinner at Sanaa so why not. We also finally got the plan together for check out day of the condo. We'll check out and hit DTD and or Citywalk for any purchases we may have forgotten and maybe even hit the Disney outlets. From there we'll get a room for the night closer to KSC and spend the next day there. Note to self look for a place today for that night

I'm glad you found time for Behind the Seeds, it is a great tour. I would like to take it again sometime. My tip, for the 4 park hop is to start early and if you don't plan to take a hotel break in the middle of the day plan for a relaxing air conditioned lunch somewhere as a break from being on your feet.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm glad you found time for Behind the Seeds, it is a great tour. I would like to take it again sometime. My tip, for the 4 park hop is to start early and if you don't plan to take a hotel break in the middle of the day plan for a relaxing air conditioned lunch somewhere as a break from being on your feet.
We did BTS quite a few years ago and loved it so much we said next time when we get a chance, this trip is finally the time. THNX for the hop tip. We have an 8am ppo at CP for breakfast and late lunch at TE for a "break" LOL

epcotisbest

Hey Figgy I'm gonna chime in with a couple more offsite dining suggestions if your offsite outlet shopping days are not fully scheduled yet. Out toward the end of International Drive, on the right before you get to the Premium Outlets, is a place called Hash House a Go Go. Yeah, silly name, but good food served in very generous portion sizes that should satisfy hungry boys.
The other is Giordano's Pizza. There are several locations for it and usually a coupon for a free appetizer found in some of the coupon/guide books.

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hey Figgy I'm gonna chime in with a couple more offsite dining suggestions if your offsite outlet shopping days are not fully scheduled yet. Out toward the end of International Drive, on the right before you get to the Premium Outlets, is a place called Hash House a Go Go. Yeah, silly name, but good food served in very generous portion sizes that should satisfy hungry boys.
The other is Giodornos Pizza. There are several locations for it and usually a coupon for a free appetizer found in some of the coupon/guide books.
Thank you I'm not sure how pizza would work with my dh having to go gf but the other place sounds interesting

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
YES!!!!!!!!! We have a date night officially scheduled in. We decided the day we check out of the condo we'll hang around Orlando, last minute shopping or maybe a last stop in UNI or both. Anyway we found a great deal (great deal for that place LOL) on a suite by UNI. It looks like we'll get to have a nice dinner with a glass of wine or 2 in Citywalk sans children. It's close enough to there to cab it each way:joyfull:

epcotisbest

Thanks just 6 long days to go
Figgy, I gotta tell you I am impressed with your planning and packing. We are slackers I suppose, as we never get packed any earlier than the night before we leave. The trip in May we packed (mostly my wife packed as I usually make a wrinkled, crumpled mess) about 10 p.m. then tossed the stuff in the car and loaded the bikes around 4 a.m. right as we got ready to head south. Your trip will be here soon!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
And even cuter on you, my friend!

Figgy, I gotta tell you I am impressed with your planning and packing. We are slackers I suppose, as we never get packed any earlier than the night before we leave. The trip in May we packed (mostly my wife packed as I usually make a wrinkled, crumpled mess) about 10 p.m. then tossed the stuff in the car and loaded the bikes around 4 a.m. right as we got ready to head south. Your trip will be here soon!
Thank you we're all very excited. I can't believe my dh is going to try and do the 4 park hop. He's in the best shape for a Disney trip ever!

MinnieM123

Premium Member

Heh, heh . . . you and I are the same with our "planning" -- the night before! Figgy shows up all of us! :p

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
We are packed and everything fits in the trunk:joyfull:
TRUNK
images.jpg

BOOT
images2.jpg

Sheesh :rolleyes: ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom