Pre-Trip Mom and Maddie: Graduation Celebration

We have booked our 4th trip to Walt Disney World in 4 years. I told Maddie that I would like to take her on a trip to celebrate her upcoming 8th grade graduation. After tossing around numerous ideas she decided that she wanted to end her middle school career with another trip to Disney. Of course, I didn't object.
Photo taken on the plane heading to WDW February 2016
Mom and Maddie.JPG

Details:

When: Monday, April 24th - Monday, May 1
Where: Disney's Art of Animation Resort - Little Mermaid (Maddie's Choice)
Tickets: 7 day with park hopper
Other: Memory Maker (the braces are coming off in March so Maddie is willing to be in photos again!)

Current ADR's:
Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridan (Maddie's Choice)
Ohana' for dinner (My Choice)
Tusker House Rivers of Light Dining Package for breakfast (Surprise)
Morimoto Asia for lunch (Surprise)

Both of us are super excited to go back to WDW during the Flower & Garden festival. We loved Flower & Garden in 2015.
EPCOT_BACKSIDE1_7285413826.jpeg

We are only 68 days away as of today, I paid for the trip this morning, and next week I can book our Fast Passes.

Oh, I will be doing a trip report as well.

disneyfirstLJ

Original Poster
I am in and following along

Glad to hear the braces should be off before the trip - hope it works out for your daughter

Max
Thanks for following! She is super thrilled about the braces coming off. They told her during her last orthodontist appointment and I have not seen her smile that big since before she got them on.

amjt660

Premium Member
Thanks for following! She is super thrilled about the braces coming off. They told her during her last orthodontist appointment and I have not seen her smile that big since before she got them on.
I coach a girls volleyball team for the last 3 years (we stay with the same team as it moves up the age groups)
One of our player got braces in 14U and now just got them off in December during 16U
I commented to her that I have never seen her smile so much now
She would also have a closed mouth smile in all team pics

Braces on and off by the end of Grade 8 is relatively young is it not?
I thought most still have them on in high school
My daughters both had them at that time.

Max

disneyfirstLJ

Original Poster
I coach a girls volleyball team for the last 3 years (we stay with the same team as it moves up the age groups)
One of our player got braces in 14U and now just got them off in December during 16U
I commented to her that I have never seen her smile so much now
She would also have a closed mouth smile in all team pics

Braces on and off by the end of Grade 8 is relatively young is it not?
I thought most still have them on in high school
My daughters both had them at that time.

Max
Yes, it is young to have braces on and off. She had all of her adult teeth by 5th grade but they waited for the teeth to settle before she got her braces on. She will have had them on for 1 year and 6 months which isn't bad. We were lucky because not a lot of work had to be done. Just some re-positioning, rotation of teeth and bite correction.

Maddie has been interested in playing volleyball in high school next year but unfortunately the volleyball season here is in the Fall and so is Soccer. She has been playing soccer since she was 4 years old so I think soccer will beat out volleyball.

LisaBelle

I'm in! So glad to have another TR to look forward to. Congratulations to Maddie. Can't wait to hear more about Flower & Garden. I've never been and it looks like so much fun.

disneyfirstLJ

Original Poster
I scheduled our fast pass + selections this morning. 60 days to go!

Monday, 4/24: Epcot (arrival day)
Spaceship Earth, Figment and Test Track

Tuesday, 4/25: Magic Kingdom (Fantasyland and Tomorrowland)
Mine Train, Winnie the Pooh and Buzz Lightyear

Wednesday, 4/26: Hollywood Studios
Toy Story, Frozen the Musical and Voyage of the Little Mermaid

Thursday, 4/27: Epcot
Living with the Land, Nemo and Frozen Ever After

Friday, 4/28: Animal Kingdom
Safari, Lion King and Nemo

Saturday, 4/29: Magic Kingdom (Liberty Square, Frontierland and Adventureland)
Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise and Splash Mountain

Sunday, 4/30: Epcot
Test Track, Spaceship Earth and Living with the Land

disneyfirstLJ

Original Poster
Did you have a hard time getting the Frozen Ever After FP? We will be there the week after you, and that is honestly the only one I am concerned about. Thankfully my daughter doesnt know the Frozen ride exists, so if we cant get a FP, we might just walk by like it isnt even there :rolleyes:
I logged on first thing this morning at 7 am eastern time and was able to get the Frozen Ever After fast pass on the day I wanted with no problem. However, I could not get it in the morning which is what I initially wanted. The earliest I could get was 1:50pm - 2:50pm so I took that one. I decided it would be nice to sleep in a bit that day anyway since it is the middle of the trip, we have 'Ohana for dinner that night and plan to see Wishes.

Good luck!

MomofPrincessGrace

I logged on first thing this morning at 7 am eastern time and was able to get the Frozen Ever After fast pass on the day I wanted with no problem. However, I could not get it in the morning which is what I initially wanted. The earliest I could get was 1:50pm - 2:50pm so I took that one. I decided it would be nice to sleep in a bit that day anyway since it is the middle of the trip, we have 'Ohana for dinner that night and plan to see Wishes.

Good luck!

Awesome! Thanks for the insight. Hopefully we will be just as lucky!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom