Modified Monorail routes in effect during late May

Creathir

So they are working on the resort beam between the TTC and the CR and the MK.

I wonder if they are reconfiguring the CR platform for better flow of the security?

Or is this just standard beam maintenance?

tissandtully

As many times as I hop on the resort line to get to the TTC since Express is packed, I'm worried this will be the new thing.

nickys

Premium Member
So guests at the Contemporary are screwed - And i'm pretty sure Disney is not reducing the price on the rooms to compensate. Nice really nice

Since you can walk to the MK quicker than the monorail, I'd hardly call it screwed. Seems to be for 4 days and not at peak times either.

Resort hopping will be more of a faff, but you can take the boat or monorail to MK and walk, so not that bad.

I realise people like to take the monorail, but if you just want to ride it, then you can do that from MK. And 10 or 15 minutes walk is surely not beyond most people who do not use ECVs or Wheelchairs, or indeed buggies.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Since you can walk to the MK quicker than the monorail, I'd hardly call it screwed. Seems to be for 4 days and not at peak times either.

Resort hopping will be more of a faff, but you can take the boat or monorail to MK and walk, so not that bad.

I realise people like to take the monorail, but if you just want to ride it, then you can do that from MK. And 10 or 15 minutes walk is surely not beyond most people who do not use ECVs or Wheelchairs, or indeed buggies.

Yes you can and I always DID, But a major part of the PRICE of a Contemporary room is the availability of the monorail and Disney as usual takes it down with no notice and in effect takes away one of the major reasons one of the major reasons we stay at monorail resorts without providing compensation for the loss of a major amenity.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Looks like my practice of not tipping monorail drivers will continue.
tenor.gif

nickys

Premium Member
Yes you can and I always DID, But a major part of the PRICE of a Contemporary room is the availability of the monorail and Disney as usual takes it down with no notice and in effect takes away one of the major reasons one of the major reasons we stay at monorail resorts without providing compensation for the loss of a major amenity.

Well yes, but they have to do maintenance sometime.

And it's not at peak times. If they did it at night then you really would have cause to complain. So the alternative is during the day when most people will already be out, and when crowds will be less thus meaning getting to the TTC or MK will be possible on the modified line.

I reckon the only time it will really be a problem is maybe leaving MK after the parade. If lots of TTC guests have the same idea you may have to wait.

And to me, one of the main benefits of staying at the Contemporary is being able to walk to MK. You can still do that, you can still use the monorail. You may have a longer wait, and may have to change if resort hopping.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Well yes, but they have to do maintenance sometime.

And it's not at peak times. If they did it at night then you really would have cause to complain. So the alternative is during the day when most people will already be out, and when crowds will be less thus meaning getting to the TTC or MK will be possible on the modified line.

I reckon the only time it will really be a problem is maybe leaving MK after the parade. If lots of TTC guests have the same idea you may have to wait.

And to me, one of the main benefits of staying at the Contemporary is being able to walk to MK. You can still do that, you can still use the monorail. You may have a longer wait, and may have to change if resort hopping.

It's called do it at NIGHT when the system is shut down, But Disney is unwilling to PAY the premium that that type of work costs so the PAYING guest takes it in the shorts. Just imagine if you had planned to make extensive use of the monorail during your stay because of wheelchair/ECV/kids in strollers and when you get there 'Sorry Suckah you get to walk or ride the bus which might show up 2x hour'

gorillaball

Slight overreaction - and by slight, I mean a laughably large overreaction.

It's 4 days for 6.5 hours each day. It's not at park opening, it's not at park closing. You can still ride the monorail (express will stop at CR) so they did not take away a major reason you stay there, they modified it for a few hours when the fewest people would be using it in that manner.

Seriously - I'm a little confused, when staying at CR when would you be using the resort monorail and how would using the express during this time period be a major adjustment to those plans?

Please, go have a drink for Cinco De Mayo and chill man.

trampdog

Do you actually have reservations to stay at the contemporary during the modified monorail window or are you just whining like a baby because it makes you feel better? If you are not staying there during the maintenance, you really have no basis for your gripe.

jaxonp

I have Ford91explorer blocked but I made the mistake of reading this thread while not logged in. Do you realize how ignorant you are on virtually every topic you discuss?

That's like half the posts on here. It makes enjoying this forum hard sometimes when you sift through all the complainers. The sense of entitlement is out of control amongst Disney "fans".

Kman101

That's like half the posts on here. It makes enjoying this forum hard sometimes when you sift through all the complainers. The sense of entitlement is out of control amongst Disney "fans".

Complaints are a way of life ... I understand not liking the blatant and over exaggerated negativity but this board has a wide range of opinions. That's why there's an ignore feature. Some see others with a different opinion as negative and complaining when that isn't the case ...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I love how the pixie dusters whine about peoples sense of 'entitlement'. Yeah people are entitled to use the amenities that they PAID FOR in their room rate.

I love the attitude that its ok to short change people cuz it's Diznee doing it.

Do you really think Disney is going to love you more for sticking up for their abusive business practices. No they are simply gonna laugh at the 'useful idiots' who enable them.

Somehow its ok for Disney to force you to plan your meals six months out and rides 2 months out. But they can take a major amenity offline with no notice or compensation

Yup thats the textbook definition of an abusive relationship.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom