Moderate vs. Deluxe: Biggest differences

Epicpilot

I've only learned recently about a path from Poly to TTC. Is it really faster to walk to the TTC and talk a bus to AK or DHS, rather than wait for the same bus at the Poly?

I'm really considering staying at the Poly next time.
Most of the time, yes. The reason why is that buses to AK and DH at Poly are normally crowded because they stop at other resorts and do not come frequently. If you walk to TTC the max you will have to wait for a bus is 10 to 15 min because much more buses go there.

Epicpilot

Epicpilot is exactly right. If you don't mind the walk, it's a good option.
Dedicated multiple buses are allocated to do the TTC to AK and TTC to HS runs. And unlike other resort buses, they run on a schedule. A bus should arrive about every 10 minutes as opposed to the usual 20 minutes.
Another advantage is that the AK bus is non stop and does not stop at BB....ever.
It sorta surprised me though the last time I went to the Poly the bus station was packed waiting for a bus for 20 min when they could have been at AK or HS already if they walked to TTC, which is right next to Poly...

PrincessNelly_NJ

IMO, the only real difference thats worth paying money for, is location. They have the best resort restaurants but thats only a bus ride away from any other hotel on property. And not worth paying an extra 400 dollars a night to have quicker access to them.
Certain moderate resorts have excellent bus service so the monorail isnt worth it imo either.
As far as beds go, Ive found the beds at CSR are just as good, if not better than a few of the deluxe resorts. While other moderate resort beds were just okay.

minnielaw

What do you mean by the lack of a food court at the Deluxe? Are you talking about BW, because many deluxe's have food courts such as Mara in AKL, Roaring Fork Food Court at WL and Captain Cook's at Poly to name a few. You are correct BW and BC don't have a traditional Food Court.

I don't recall being able to walk to any park or ride the monorail from WL?

IMHO, BW is the worst deluxe on property you stated it, NO restaurant actually in the resort and resort mugs are a pain to refill. There are more reasons but I'll leave that for another time.

I beg to differ with you over the definition of a "food court". My definition of a "food court" is a CS restaurant area with multiple dining options/food choices. The Values and Moderates have "food courts" where you can choose from several different dining options. Mara, Roaring Fork and Captain Cook's are not "food courts". They are CS locations where you have one menu from which to choose.

WL has the boat to MK which distinguishes it from the Values and Moderates....I am familiar with the fact that it is not on the monorail.

Just wanted to point that out! :)

minnielaw

Awesome post, @minnielaw. The only thing you missed was buses. Mods and deluxe buses are both great but deluxe is a tad better. AKL may be a smidge out of the way to some places but it is so awesome. The theming is incredible and there is a lot to do there. The rooms are amazing looking.

Thank you @Disneykidder! We drive to WDW and use our vehicle for transportation to and from the parks, so I did not address the buses as we are unfamiliar with them.

Jim Chandler

wdw-transport-map-full.png

http://www.wdwfocus.com/map/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom