Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

SeaCastle

Seems like the work is primarily to provide more "prime" viewing areas for Wishes while simultaneously improving traffic flow with the new East Main Street walkway. This will be accomplished in part by filling in the southern part of the moat, right around where the Tip Board/First Aid plaza is. The new viewing areas will have artificial turf encircled by seat-walls.

Water feature aficionados worried about losing part of the moat should be at least partially consoled by the installation of not one, but two wrought-iron fountains to be installed in the new planters. Also- the First Aid Plaza fountain will be retained.

2466wsw.png

2zs2sjt.png

2qswap3.png

tl77

Seems like the work is primarily to provide more "prime" viewing areas for Wishes while simultaneously improving traffic flow with the new East Main Street walkway. This will be accomplished in part by filling in the southern part of the moat, right around where the Tip Board/First Aid plaza is. The new viewing areas will have artificial turf encircled by seat-walls.

Water feature aficionados worried about losing part of the moat should be at least partially consoled by the installation of not one, but two wrought-iron fountains to be installed in the new planters. Also- the First Aid Plaza fountain will be retained.

2466wsw.png

2zs2sjt.png

2qswap3.png

It looks like they're turning the "outer ring" in into a giant park, the side view reminds me of the park from Mary Poppins

ToTBellHop

It looks like they're turning the "outer ring" in into a giant park, the side view reminds me of the park from Mary Poppins
I hope all of the trees will be able to be lowered into the ground at night or they will block the views of the fireworks that these areas are meant to provide.

As designed, this actually looks pretty. I don't really lament the loss of a bit of moat. The Magic Kingdom has plenty of waterways, some of the most beautiful of which have only just been built.

tl77

I hope all of the trees will be able to be lowered into the ground at night or they will block the views of the fireworks that these areas are meant to provide.

As designed, this actually looks pretty. I don't really lament the loss of a bit of moat. The Magic Kingdom has plenty of waterways, some of the most beautiful of which have only just been built.

All the grassy areas between the current hub slope downward toward the moat. In that side view image that's were some trees of the trees are being planned

tl77

I looks like the area being filled is going to be for FastPass+ viewing. This is the area just above Casey's Corner and the Plaza Restaurant. You can see in the photos posted by @SeaCastle, there are areas marked "FP+ Tap Poles". This would make sense since that is probably going to be the best viewing location on Main Street.

yeah the area in front of the Plaza restaurant already has some kind reserved seating for fireworks, and the new area in front of Casey's with the artificial turf will most likely become a FP+ seating area as well

JLipnick

this is quite a change and seems like a rather large project. what is the timeframe for this? it also looks like it will flow seamlessly into the new path behind main street, so does that mean it will be made a little nicer than just a simple passthrough?

I do like the idea of the additional walking paths. everyone knows how congested that entire area can get.

mbose318

Working with the excellent overlay @roj2323 posted, I added the reddish color to highlight the new walkways and blue to the areas of remaining water. I wanted a little better visual of the new pathways. Please feel free to correct/expand on it!

zqR-WcQdgib8SfYnhv_aoRlFSy1v_Wuf-MxHJ-Qqd6M=w858-h708

I think we are going to see the water go up to the new pathways at the Crystal Palace and the Noddle Station, just not under them.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Working with the excellent overlay @roj2323 posted, I added the reddish color to highlight the new walkways and blue to the areas of remaining water. I wanted a little better visual of the new pathways. Please feel free to correct/expand on it!

zqR-WcQdgib8SfYnhv_aoRlFSy1v_Wuf-MxHJ-Qqd6M=w858-h708

Thanks for the visual!

I rather like this idea. I really enjoy the water dynamic and hopefully it won't be lost entirely, but a little more walking room is a very welcome thing indeed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom