Moana officially confirmed as the 56th Disney Animated feature.

Matt_Black

Original Poster

216bruce

a3b5f1ad5d5dd8500950eb52ab27c58e.jpg

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
The Rock signed his contract yesterday -

232278.jpg

"At DISNEY STUDIOS signing contracts to play the male lead in their next big classic animated musical, #MOANA," Johnson wrote on Instagram. "Just had an amazing 2hr presentation and it's easy to see why they're the greatest story tellers in the world. Im excited. And in the background my homies Fred & Wasabi from #BigHERO6 are jumpin' for joy joy cause they heard I'm gonna sing in the movie. #WeTrulyKnowWhereWereGoing #WhenWeUnderstandWhereWereFrom #NeverForgetHome #MOANA."

Sped2424

I don't know how this flew under the radar but it was announced that Mark Mancina shall be scoring the film and it's songs.

Sped2424

Also a new synopsis was released about the film today. Here it is

Three thousand years ago, the greatest sailors in the world voyaged across the vast South Pacific, discovering the many islands of Oceania. But then, for a millennium, their voyages stopped — and no one today knows why.

From Walt Disney Animation Studios comes Moana, a sweeping, CG-animated adventure about a spirited teenager who sails out on a daring mission to prove herself a master wayfinder and fulfill her ancestors’ unfinished quest. During her journey, she meets the once-mighty demi-god Maui (voice of Dwayne Johnson), and together, they traverse the open ocean on an action-packed voyage, encountering enormous fiery creatures and impossible odds.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Also a new synopsis was released about the film today. Here it is

Three thousand years ago, the greatest sailors in the world voyaged across the vast South Pacific, discovering the many islands of Oceania. But then, for a millennium, their voyages stopped — and no one today knows why.

From Walt Disney Animation Studios comes Moana, a sweeping, CG-animated adventure about a spirited teenager who sails out on a daring mission to prove herself a master wayfinder and fulfill her ancestors’ unfinished quest. During her journey, she meets the once-mighty demi-god Maui (voice of Dwayne Johnson), and together, they traverse the open ocean on an action-packed voyage, encountering enormous fiery creatures and impossible odds.
Sounds like the first chapter of Hawaii (Michener) blended with Hercules with a dash of Atlantis. :p

Sped2424

Might as well add this it's been heavily rumored that Dinah Jane Henson (of Fifth Harmony fame.) is the top choice and possibly even already has been cast as the lead character "Moana"
dinah-jane-hansen.jpg

She is of polynesian descent and tongon as well which is perfect for representing this character. As for where this rumor is coming from it's from a multiple places.
tumblr_inline_noytykBx7Q1r4aud0_540.jpg

This is an acting coach who tweeted this recently ^
tumblr_inline_np1x81D66w1qbujt4_540.png

Recently the rock who has been confirmed to be maui in the film invited dinah and her entire family to come over for a dinner. They took this picture together ^
tumblr_inline_noyu95f46Q1r4aud0_540.jpg

He also invited her to his new film premiere San Andreas. Something tells me he is getting to know her before the eventual announcement that she's been casted as moana and before they do that pr run for the film which I am guessing is going to be huge now that Disney princesses are billion dollar makers.

Last edited:

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Might as well add this it's been heavily rumored that Dinah Jane Henson (of Fifth Harmony fame.) is the top choice and possibly even already has the role for moana
dinah-jane-hansen.jpg

She is of polynesian descent and tongon as well which is perfect for representing this character. As for where this rumor is coming from it's from a multiple places.
tumblr_inline_noytykBx7Q1r4aud0_540.jpg

This is an acting coach who tweeted this recently ^
tumblr_inline_np1x81D66w1qbujt4_540.png

Recently the rock who has been confirmed to be maui in the film invited dinah and her entire family to come over for a dinner. They took this picture together ^
tumblr_inline_noyu95f46Q1r4aud0_540.jpg

He also invited her to his new film premiere San Andreas. Something tells me he is getting to know her before the eventual announcement that she's been casted as moana and before they do that pr run for the film which I am guessing is going to be huge now that Disney princesses are billion dollar makers.
Glad to see the Rock in the film. I actually really enjoy his stuff. But, I think he's extremely talented, and am glad to see him branch out into other things.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Anyone else expecting this film to have a hoofed animal that doesn't talk but acts like a dog?
Not to many hoofed animals in the S. Pacific before the europeans came, outside of Australia. Boars are all I can think of?

Even Australia doesn't have any that I can think of that are native to that continent.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom