MNSSHP Sold-Out Tickets

jeffk410

Original Poster
Hey Friends --

Heading to Grand Californian tomorrow and plan on making my first Disneyland and DCA visit Friday/Saturday. Originally we weren't going to pay for the Halloween event, but are now wishing we could. Is there any method to buy sold out tickets? I checked Stub Hub, but no luck.

Thanks!

TP2000

Did you try Craigslist?

A ticket to Disneyland's Halloween parties are some of the hottest tickets in SoCal. The Rams and Chargers only wish they had the crowd demand that Disneyland has in the Fall. :cool:

Good luck!

TP2000

Just checked Craigslist and nothing is available for the 22nd. Tickets are still available for some dates in October, and folks are selling them for about $150 to $200 per person depending on the day of the week.

Ticket Luck has a few tickets for this Friday's party left, and they are going for $260 per person.

As most SoCal'ers know, you need to grab Disneyland Halloween tickets the moment they go on sale.

A warning for Friday night, DCA's crowds will explode after 6pm as everyone floods out of Disneyland and crosses over the Esplanade. Use Maxpass and time it wisely for an extremely busy Friday night.

Nonsuch

...Heading to Grand Californian tomorrow and plan on making my first Disneyland and DCA visit Friday/Saturday. Originally we weren't going to pay for the Halloween event, but are now wishing we could. Is there any method to buy sold out tickets?
Disney holds back Halloween Party tickets for onsite guests, and makes them available the day of the event. I have purchased tickets to a “sold out” party at 6:30AM (opening time) from the GCH Club Level Concierge; non-Club Level guests should purchase from the front desk. Tickets are limited, so purchase early in the morning.

This is my first post to this board, although I have many posts on DISBoard.

mickEblu

So how are the Halloween parties anyway? I have $150 in Disney Rewards Dollars I'm looking to spend. The cadaver dans look cool and I've heard the fireworks are good. Other than that?

oo_nrb

So how are the Halloween parties anyway? I have $150 in Disney Rewards Dollars I'm looking to spend. The cadaver dans look cool and I've heard the fireworks are good. Other than that?

This is absolutely gonna sound like a shill post, and I am an employee of TWDC so take that for what you will, but Mickey's Halloween Party is worth every cent. You can get unlimited treats at the treat stations (so long as you have a bag to put them in), you get the exclusive parade and fireworks that are some of the best shows the Resort puts on, there are meet ups with unique characters/versions of characters if that's your thing, and there's all of the extra Halloween atmosphere added to the park for the parties. Also admission to the event is capped at a certain point, so the attractions all see much shorter wait times than usual; most Party nights that I've attended I've waited 15 mins for Ghost Galaxy, and walked right onto every other attraction in the park. Then this year there's more added, because you can park hop for the first 3 hours, and you get unlimited PhotoPass downloads all night. It's seriously a great value.

DisneyNerd12

This is absolutely gonna sound like a shill post, and I am an employee of TWDC so take that for what you will, but Mickey's Halloween Party is worth every cent. You can get unlimited treats at the treat stations (so long as you have a bag to put them in), you get the exclusive parade and fireworks that are some of the best shows the Resort puts on, there are meet ups with unique characters/versions of characters if that's your thing, and there's all of the extra Halloween atmosphere added to the park for the parties. Also admission to the event is capped at a certain point, so the attractions all see much shorter wait times than usual; most Party nights that I've attended I've waited 15 mins for Ghost Galaxy, and walked right onto every other attraction in the park. Then this year there's more added, because you can park hop for the first 3 hours, and you get unlimited PhotoPass downloads all night. It's seriously a great value.
This is kinda true. They do put in alot of work into it.

mickEblu

Sounds cool. Thanks for the thorough explanation. Are all of the attractions in the park open?

TP2000

Sounds cool. Thanks for the thorough explanation. Are all of the attractions in the park open?

Almost all. And almost all of them have zero waits, except for Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy and Haunted Mansion Holiday.

And that speaks to the demographic who is there; they are a mix of tourists and locals, but everyone is there for the "party" and less so for the usual Disneyland experience of going on rides. Last year I left on a Friday evening as the party was starting, and on my walk out to the Uber station on Harbor there were seemingly thousands of tourists streaming over from the Harbor hotels and pouring out of hotel shuttles all dressed up for the party. Then there are all the locals who drive in for the night all dressed up. It's a very festive event, people really go all out on their "look" and outfits, and if you don't show up in costume you look like a creepy dweeb.

But it's really about the treat stations, the characters, the parade and entertainment, and promenading around the park all dressed up taking in the atmosphere and seeing and being seen. The rides are an afterthought, and thus they are mostly abandoned even though almost all of them are operating.

It's a weird thing, definitely a part of SoCal autumn culture in the 2010's, and one of those "Only at Disneyland" experiences.

mickEblu

Almost all. And almost all of them have zero waits, except for Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy and Haunted Mansion Holiday.

And that speaks to the demographic who is there; they are a mix of tourists and locals, but everyone is there for the "party" and less so for the usual Disneyland experience of going on rides. Last year I left on a Friday evening as the party was starting, and on my walk out to the Uber station on Harbor there were seemingly thousands of tourists streaming over from the Harbor hotels and pouring out of hotel shuttles all dressed up for the party. Then there are all the locals who drive in for the night all dressed up. It's a very festive event, people really go all out on their "look" and outfits, and if you don't show up in costume you look like a creepy dweeb.

But it's really about the treat stations, the characters, the parade and entertainment, and promenading around the park all dressed up taking in the atmosphere and seeing and being seen. The rides are an afterthought, and thus they are mostly abandoned even though almost all of them are operating.

It's a weird thing, definitely a part of SoCal autumn culture in the 2010's, and one of those "Only at Disneyland" experiences.

Nice :). I always love your view on things. You paint such a colorful picture.

Stevek

Hee hee, good point! The great American Free Enterprise system still seems to work very, very well. ;)
And that is why Disney can continue to increase prices every year and the parks are still packed. We can all complain but until we stop paying what they ask, we are part of the problem.

Stevek

I paid $10 the first year it was at DCA...minimal but worth every penny. We probably got $200 worth of candy. It's definitely grown significantly but I would have a hard time paying $120 (high end) per person for it. If I were a visiting tourist, not a local, absolutely. But as a regular visitor, no.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom