MM+ / MagicBands as a day-guest.

emigrating

Original Poster
We're going in December (7th-23rd) and are wondering how this works - or rather how it is supposed to work [by then].

I've signed up on the web and have linked our MVMCP and 5-day tickets (purchased at Undercover Tourist) to our respective Disney Experiences. We've made dinner reservations, added in some parades, fireworks and shows.

All good and well, but we're still not allowed to make FP+ reservations (which I'm guessing is either because we're still outside the 60 day window or because we're day-visitors rather than staying in one of the Disney hotels), fair enough, not that bothered about FP+ as long as both systems are still in use.

The question is, we've been told we can exchange our paper tickets for MagicBands at any of the parks, hotels or even at DTD - however, we would like to "pre-order" the MB's as to save time when we're actually there. Is this at all possible, or are they still only available to select resort guests and AP holders? If the latter, have we at least been given correct information regarding the on-site exchange? I understand we, as non-resort guests, will not be able to make charges on our MB's (although, it should be fairly simple for them to implement this also) but using them for entry to the parks and MVMCP will greatly improve logistics on our side (as long as they stay on the wrist that is).

Do we know when they are planning on doing a full switchover? I keep hearing later this year, but TBQH it's getting fairly late in the year already for such a large change and I have a hard time believing they'll just turn the switch one day and everyone will be required to use MM+.

stevehousse

As of now there has been no mention of a roll out day for day guests, just rumors of MB going live at all the resorts first by Oct or Nov 1st. And yes being outside of the 60 day window will not allow you to do anything really except "add plans"

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Even when the MBs roll out day guests will not get a free MB. You will have have to pay for them. The only guests that get free MB are resort guests and guests who order a photo package.

As of right now only test resort guests are allowed to make FP+ choices.

No word from Disney as tot he date of the full roll out.

emigrating

Original Poster
Even when the MBs roll out day guests will not get a free MB. You will have have to pay for them. The only guests that get free MB are resort guests and guests who order a photo package.

This I am fine with as the cost, even at Disney really can't be high enough to be prohibitive.

I've seen photo packages mentioned before, what does this actually entail though? We've ordered the PhotoPass+ which is currently in transit, but no mention of a MB and AFAIK you still need the good old photo "cards" for this service?

I realize it's not rolled out yet, but there sure seems to be a lot of unanswered questions seeing as it's already mid-September.

Thanks for the replies though.

Rob562

Also, even if you don't have MagicBands, all aspects of MDE/FP+ will still be available to you after it's all rolled out. You'll just use an RFID card to access things rather than a Band on your wrist.

-Rob

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
This I am fine with as the cost, even at Disney really can't be high enough to be prohibitive.

I've seen photo packages mentioned before, what does this actually entail though? We've ordered the PhotoPass+ which is currently in transit, but no mention of a MB and AFAIK you still need the good old photo "cards" for this service?

I realize it's not rolled out yet, but there sure seems to be a lot of unanswered questions seeing as it's already mid-September.

Thanks for the replies though.

When the program is rolled out PP and PP+ will be integrated with the MBs. Right now they are still separate. Unfortunately no one knows what the exact roll out dates for anything are except some people inside Disney. As of today you will have an RFID ticket and a PP+ card on a lanyard.

emigrating

Original Poster
So here's another thought. If I link any old MB to my account ... it should in theory work fine for park entrance? There should not be any further activation or programming required as all the ticket info is available in MDE already.

Does anyone know if int'l guests are included in the "trials" yet? I remember seeing some blog posts saying the were not but that was some time ago.

Rob562

So here's another thought. If I link any old MB to my account ... it should in theory work fine for park entrance? There should not be any further activation or programming required as all the ticket info is available in MDE already.

Does anyone know if int'l guests are included in the "trials" yet? I remember seeing some blog posts saying the were not but that was some time ago.

International Guests are part of the MagicBand testing (as long as they're staying at a hotel that's part of the tests), but the Bands themselves are sent direct to your hotel for you to pick up there and not shipped to your home. That's about the only difference between domestic and international guests right now.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom