MLK Trip

ajax1874

We (10 Adults 3kids 3infants) are going to WDW from Jam 16-21st. My questions are?
What kind of crowds/waits should we expect we've been Xmas T-giving and President's day in the past?

Is Attendance really down that much since october?

What has changed since all the cutbacks?

What attractions will be closed?

How early should we get started each day with the reduced hours? (from all star movies)

Any other important info?

Pan

Originally posted by ajax1874
We (10 Adults 3kids 3infants) are going to WDW from Jam 16-21st. My questions are?
What kind of crowds/waits should we expect we've been Xmas T-giving and President's day in the past?

Is Attendance really down that much since october?

What has changed since all the cutbacks?

What attractions will be closed?

How early should we get started each day with the reduced hours? (from all star movies)

Any other important info?
From all I have heard it has been very quiet. Friends visiting in early-mid Dec said the longest wait for any ride was 15 min. Of course this is usually always one of the quietest times of the year there, and I'm sure the crowds have increased during Christmas break and may start to grow back to normal levels as we get more into winter.

However, compared with the times you have gone before, you will probably find the parks half as crowded as you have experienced.

We're arriving for a 10 day stay on Jan 31. For me the biggest change is the loss of early entry for WDW resort guests. Additionally hours seem to be cut back- Epcot opening at 10am and AK 9-5. A question I have- when the opening time says 9am, can we still get in at 8:30 and get on some rides or is it REALLY 9am? Anybody know?

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

Re: Re: MLK Trip

Originally posted by Pan

A question I have- when the opening time says 9am, can we still get in at 8:30 and get on some rides or is it REALLY 9am? Anybody know?

Not sure about all parks, but the one day we made it to Epcot at 9:45am, they didn't drop the rope until right at 10 am and even then not all the rides were operational.

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

I think it's "really" 9am...animal kingdom has always opened at the posted opening time with some of the old ARTimal floats doing God knows what for a couple minutes...count on 9 a.m. being when the gates open. As for attraction closures...nothing NEW...many restaurants have shortened hours, and...Blizzard Beach's opening date has been pushed WAY back...always opened the week I went and we had two waterparks open from then on (Feb. 14th)...it's been pushed back to "late march", they say...which kinda ticks me off...
kyle

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom