MLB 2017 Season Discussion

Lucky

Good thing the Rockies are playing on the road now...

IMG_4532.JPG

Lucky

Nats' CF Adam Eaton reportedly is out for the season with a torn ACL. Huge loss for them - they traded most of their pitching depth to get him, and their backup CF hasn't proven he can hit major league pitching,

NYwdwfan

Nats' CF Adam Eaton reportedly is out for the season with a torn ACL. Huge loss for them - they traded most of their pitching depth to get him, and their backup CF hasn't proven he can hit major league pitching,

I saw the play live since they were playing the Mets - there was no doubt it was torn the way he went down. I felt so bad for him. You never want to see someone go down like that.

Lucky

Syndergaard exits early with an apparent injury. The Injury Bug has not been merciful this April. :(
Hopefully he won't be out too long...

An MRI exam revealed that Mets ace Noah Syndergaard has sustained a torn right lat muscle and is heading to the disabled list, the team announced on Monday. There is no timetable for his return.

Syndergaard initially complained of right shoulder and biceps discomfort, and he was scratched from Thursday's start, before declining an MRI exam later in the week and declaring himself healthy. Syndergaard then started on Sunday against the Nationals, exiting after one inning with discomfort in his lat.

The injury was revealed when Syndergaard underwent an MRI exam on Monday morning at the Hospital of Special Surgery in Manhattan.

General manager Sandy Alderson said on Sunday that the Mets cannot know if an MRI exam on Syndergaard's biceps last week would have revealed anything amiss in his lat. The team also cannot know if Syndergaard hurt his lat while compensating for any other injury.

NYwdwfan

Hopefully he won't be out too long...

An MRI exam revealed that Mets ace Noah Syndergaard has sustained a torn right lat muscle and is heading to the disabled list, the team announced on Monday. There is no timetable for his return.

Syndergaard initially complained of right shoulder and biceps discomfort, and he was scratched from Thursday's start, before declining an MRI exam later in the week and declaring himself healthy. Syndergaard then started on Sunday against the Nationals, exiting after one inning with discomfort in his lat.

The injury was revealed when Syndergaard underwent an MRI exam on Monday morning at the Hospital of Special Surgery in Manhattan.

General manager Sandy Alderson said on Sunday that the Mets cannot know if an MRI exam on Syndergaard's biceps last week would have revealed anything amiss in his lat. The team also cannot know if Syndergaard hurt his lat while compensating for any other injury.
No "like" for you.

I'm so annoyed with how this season...errr...EVERY season goes with these injuries with the Mets. It's always a minor strain that causes a missed start and leads to an eventual MRI and then they're out for 3 months.

Lucky

Voting for the July 11 all-star game opened yesterday. The ballot lists players' current statistics. But if you don't pick the ones who will have the best statistics two months from now, the sportscasters, sportswriters, players, managers etc. will all complain then about how stupid the fans were for picking the wrong guys.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Last edited:

Lucky

The D-backs starting pitcher tonight reminds me of one of Bart Simpson's prank phone calls. I've heard that pitchers get most of their power from their lower bodies.

*Piglet*

This whole Manny Machado thing is getting out of hand. So we all know the one Red Sox Pitcher got suspended for throwing at his head. After that you would have thought it was over. No it wasn't. Chris Sale threw a 90 plus fastball behind Machado last night and he was just warned and not thrown out of the game. This led to Manny going crazy with words after the game which in my opinion he deserved to say. Then tonight Orioles Pitcher Kevin Gausman hits Bogarts with a 70 something breaking ball on his butt and immediately gets thrown out. The Umpire definitely overreacted. The Machado slide into Pedroia happened over 2 weeks ago and it was squashed pretty much right away between Pedroia and Machado. This nonsense of throwing at the head is ridiculous.

Lucky

Interesting article posted today involving the reasons behind why there is a seventh inning stretch during ballgames. Considering that we are still in process of our very own seventh page stretch in the thread, I felt it was worth sharing here:

http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2017/05/05/227600904/the-history-of-mlbs-seventh-inning-stretch
Not everyone finds the 7th inning stretch very relaxing...

http://www.theonion.com/article/chase-utley-takes-seventh-inning-stretch-too-serio-6882

Lucky

The NL East must have the most youthful set of stadiums (stadia? :confused:) of any division ever. They're only 7 years old on average.

Braves 2017
Marlins 2012
Mets 2009
Nats 2008
Phils 2004

The oldest NL East stadium is as new as the newest NL West stadium (Padres) and 4 years newer than the newest in the AL West (Astros).

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
I still say the Braves didnt need a new stadium. The Nationals and Marlins I can agree with and the Mets...ehh...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom