MLB 2017 Season Discussion

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

And who are they going to get post-season? 7 managers in 14 years. 2 year, $4m contract for Dusty. Love that man. Perhaps he was past his prime, but the Nats could have done it better.

Now that they've put themselves into the "win it all" box, they'd better be prepared to pay for it, if you want a manager who can grow and motivate the talent in that team.

Speaking of talent, if Roberts puts Grandal, Granderson or Utley in the lineup Tuesday, I'm gonna smack him upside the head. I will give Arrieta credit for a great game, but putting back to back strikeouts in the lineup cost us that game, imho.

DisneyDoctor

And who are they going to get post-season? 7 managers in 14 years. 2 year, $4m contract for Dusty. Love that man. Perhaps he was past his prime, but the Nats could have done it better.

Now that they've put themselves into the "win it all" box, they'd better be prepared to pay for it, if you want a manager who can grow and motivate the talent in that team.

Speaking of talent, if Roberts puts Grandal, Granderson or Utley in the lineup Tuesday, I'm gonna smack him upside the head. I will give Arrieta credit for a great game, but putting back to back strikeouts in the lineup cost us that game, imho.
Dusty was a lousy manager for the Cubs. Ruined a lot of talented arms there. That made beating the Nationals feel a whole lot better. While I think it's pretty spineless to drop him just like that, I don't think he's that great of a manager.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Verlander was a beast. That was a brutal game to watch for a Yankee fan, especially the bottom of the 8th - Yanks looked tired. With CC pitching, maybe they will be able to quiet Houston's bats.

Dodgers patiently waiting in the Ravine for Game 1 Tuesday.

Lucky

I find nothing in sports more exciting than Game 7.
Except for one particular Game 6...

IMG_0208.JPG

LAKid53

Premium Member
Yeah Verlander was a terror last night for that NY lineup. Though the only good Yankee moment was nothing less of extraordinary. If it wasn't for the stadium enclosure behind left field, Judge's 8th inning home run would be orbiting somewhere over one of the Dakota's by now.

For anyone who missed it:

That was one hell of a hit. My thought, was too bad it wasn't a Grand Slam like Kiki's the night before.

And what about Contrera's 491 foot bullet Wednesday night? Only 4 feet short of Judge's record 495 footer in July.

These guys have been hitting some amazing long balls.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Buster Olney called it the greatest game in the history of baseball.

Gee, I dunno. I think our game Thursday night was pretty exciting and epic. I'm still giddy about it. Made up for the Noles loss today... :(

LAKid53

Premium Member
You are still talking about baseball, aren't you?

3-t5034244-500.jpg.cf.jpg

I wish. No, I'm talking about the miserable performance this season of my alma mater's football team. These guys:

8a8ef54ae76c71c2512de652e5a1c338.jpg

And to add insult to injury, our coach got into a shouting match (wanted to type another word, but it would have been blocked) with a fan after the game today....

LAKid53

Premium Member
Dodgers v Astros. Not the matchup I was hoping for, but bring it on!

#This Team LA

Lucky

Astros v Dodgers seems strange to me since they used to be in the same league and not so long ago even in the same division. The Astros are the first team to win a league championship in both leagues. Representing the NL in the 2005 WS they got swept by the White Sox. So they've been around since 1962 but still haven't won a single WS game. Verlander should change that pretty soon.

NYwdwfan

Astros v Dodgers seems strange to me since they used to be in the same league and not so long ago even in the same division. The Astros are the first team to win a league championship in both leagues. Representing the NL in the 2005 WS they got swept by the White Sox. So they've been around since 1962 but still haven't won a single WS game. Verlander should change that pretty soon.
Verlander/Kershaw game 1?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom