MLB 2017 Season Discussion

Lucky

The first guy I thought of was Livan Hernandez, but although he had some great moments with the Marlins I don't think he ever pitched a no-hitter.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
While Hernandez never had a no hitter with the fish, he was crucial in 1997. We've had 6 in our history, with the first five before Volquez being Al Leiter in 1996, Kevin Brown in 1997, A.J. Burnett in 2001, Anibal Sanchez in 2006, and Henderson Alvarez in 2013.

Lucky

I hear the Mets' broadcasters like to go through old baseball cards when they're losing a lopsided game.

Here are a few of mine..
IMG_4650.JPG
IMG_4652.JPG
IMG_4651.JPG

SteveBrickNJ

Hi everyone!
I enjoy viewing this thread. I don't have any nifty photos to upload......just a question.
Why haven't the Phillies fired their manager?
They are 22 wins and 48 losses
In their last 10 games they are 1 -9
Last season they were losers
This season they are dreadful!
Rebuilding or just wasting time?

Lucky

Sounding like Freddie Freeman could take up 3rd base when he returns from DL. He often reminds me of another successful 3rd baseman the Braves have had in the past. This could be a good change for Freddie.
I thought Matt Adams might be a decent injury replacement but I never thought he'd play so well that he'd stay at 1B when Freeman returned.

SteveBrickNJ

Big week for Big Papi. In addition to having his jersey number retired at Fenway tomorrow, he also is getting a road named after him near the stadium.
http://m.mlb.com/news/article/238109848/boston-renames-street-david-ortiz-drive/

While David Ortiz Drive is certainly an improvement over Yawkey o_O street, or whatever it was called before this week, I personally would've preferred something like Papi Parkway, as it's more catchy.

Congrats to the former Red Sox slugger as he celebrates this week of recognition.
"Papi Parkway" would have been awesome!
Too bad you were not in charge of that decision. :(

Lucky

Kenley Jansen finally walked someone. He now has 52 strikeouts and 1 walk. He didn't have a bad game, though. Five out save and even hit an RBI double.

In more important news a woman in StL caught a foul ball in her purse.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom