MKT's Summer in the World 7/28/03 Trip Report

alright... I've been going to the world sporadically all summer... but today's been pretty much the first day i've done the whole tourist thing. So here's my first trip report for the summer...

I woke up at about 9:30 AM, I had to go pick up Vince (merhearted) at the airport. Traffic wasn't too bad except around the airport. Quick advice... at the Orlando Airport, if you're just there to pick someone up, Valet your car at the airport Hyatt. It's like $5, and you don't have to deal with parking in the regular lot (the Hyatt is part of the main terminal).

Once I got Vince, we were on our way to WDW. After a quick stop at Target for razors, and a quick stop at the ATM, we were at the All Star Movies getting fishboy checked in. While he was checking in, I wandered off to the food court. I had a Cuban sandwich. It wasn't bad.. but by god it wasn't anything to write home about. After that, I met up with Vince who was done checking in and we went to his room to drop off his luggage. Then we were on our way.

We went immediatly to MGM. We decided to just look around and not really hit any major attractions. Rather, just take in the scenery. We ended up doing 3 (almost 4!!) attractions. We did One Man's Dream, The backlot tour (some good views of the construction from there), and Star Tours :hurl:. To this day, I still get sick on it. We also got an autograph book and got some character autographs and pics. They changed the autograph book's design.. it's a lighter blue and features the characters dressed as tourists on the cover. We got to see Lilo, Stitch, Mike, Sulley, Jessie, and Alice. After that, we decided to go and see Voyage of the Little Mermaid. The show was running late, by then it was 5pm, and we decided to go to VoLM at a later date, with hopes of catching the parade. No Luck. It was rained out.

We then left the park, slightly dissappointed about the weather... and went to the Swan to have dinner at Gullivers. This is IMO the best deal @ WDW for a character meal. Our total check for 2, including tip, came to less than $40. And that included Drinks, Entree, Appetizer, and Dessert.

that's it for now. I took some pics, hopefully I can have them up tomorrow.

MKCustodial

Ain't you a great friend? Picking up the poor, clueless mermaid at the human's airport! :lol:

Bring on them pics, and I hope you guys have a blast, Vince really deserves it.

pepsistar

:(
:D
:cool: OK OK We're waiting for the rest of your tourist report---- ummmmmmm ( are you working?? ) Or stuck in the Rain? :lol:

Your not :snore: are you???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom