MKT'S Mission: Space Trip Report

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
Originally posted by dboy
A couple questions, When you are wieghtless is it just a sensation or are u actually floating weightless?

it's a sensation since you're strapped in with restraints

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
Originally posted by grandmath
I also have a few questions:

is the launch more intense and longer than the one on RRC? (i think that looking upwards must make it more impressive if the feeling is the same)
is the "floating" part longer than the one you feel on TOT?
what kind of thrills do you encounter during the rest of the trip? (Is it just like star tours, or are there any difference)
Are there effects inside the pod? (lights, sounds etc)

thanks for replying

the launch is much more intense than RNRC. The floating is about the same.

darthdarrel

Originally posted by dboy
A couple questions, When you are wieghtless is it just a sensation or are u actually floating weightless?

I am going from july 15th throught the 23rd will there be any chance that i will be able to ride?
Hi dBoy! Nice to see another Ohion on these boards! :D :wave:

ISTCrew20

Hey, I just talked to another person who has rode MS, and she said the kids playground area floor is awesome. She said the floor was developed by NASA and its like your walking on air. My guess is that its simialr to the Sealy Prostopeatic (sp?) beds that have the lady jumping right next to the glass of whine, and it doesnt spill?..I dont know if you guys checked it out or not, but thats what I heard

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
Originally posted by Testtrack321
Quick question, does M:S have on-ride photo?

nope.. i wouldn't be surprised if they added one though

MicBat

Originally posted by mkt
nope.. i wouldn't be surprised if they added one though
Yeah... probaby. I imagine those pictures bring a lot of income to wdw....
Have any idea where in the ride they could put take the photo, rob??

Coaster Guy

I was speaking to a manager from that area who was in the planning of the ride and facilities. (the one who actually interviewed and chose me to go to Mission Space) She said that they chose not to have an on ride photo due to the close proximity of Test Track. They thought that if they added one, that it would caniblize TT's photo income. From working at Studios, I know that after Coaster was put in, that Tower's photos dropped significantly... to the point that Tower's sales were less than half of the pre-coaster sales. Coaster made up for it, but didn't double sales like they had hoped. They didn't want to do that to Test Track.

MicBat

Originally posted by Coaster Guy
I was speaking to a manager from that area who was in the planning of the ride and facilities. (the one who actually interviewed and chose me to go to Mission Space) She said that they chose not to have an on ride photo due to the close proximity of Test Track. They thought that if they added one, that it would caniblize TT's photo income. From working at Studios, I know that after Coaster was put in, that Tower's photos dropped significantly... to the point that Tower's sales were less than half of the pre-coaster sales. Coaster made up for it, but didn't double sales like they had hoped. They didn't want to do that to Test Track.
Hmmm... I never really thought about that.

imagineersrock

Originally posted by Coaster Guy

what would that matter though, wouldnt they still be making just as much, actually probably even more having one that brings a lot of $$$ plus one that brings in some extra $, opposed to having just one that brings in a fairly good amount of $$???

pepsistar

:D Yah!!!! Thanks for all the pictures, info and of course your video postcards. How many different ones are there?

I think this question was asked before, sorry if it was, Does anyone know what the height requirement will be??

I may have to avoid that part of the park if it is toooooo high!! :(
Do you think my grandson would believe that part of EPCOT was closed?? :D :lol:

I was their last week and I could not even get close to the building. They had plants and guards by the entrances and the building-- Just wanted to take a picture :D Really ha ha-- Ah --

Ummmmmmmmm :lookaroun:

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
also, I found the second Horizons logo. It's in the gift shop, and it's so well done you'll never see it.. lol

MKCustodial

Rob, two quick questions:

1) How would you rate the learning aspect of the attraction? After reading all the reports about it, it got me thinking of Wonders of Life and Body Wars, in how the pavillion has a lot of info and so does the attraction, in a way.

2) I think you missed this one when I asked the first time around... :lol: For International Guests, is there any option available or they'd just be conditioned to push whatever button is blinking, or maybe even just sit still since you have already said that the ride is unaffected if the Guest doesn't act on the storyline.

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
1- I'd rate the learning aspect a 7 out of 10....

2- it's alright.. if you don't press it in time, the computer takes over... so either way it's gonna happen

pepsistar

:( Thanks for the info--- Does anyone have a stretching machine???:lol: He is at 42 right now- at least when we measured last.

Guess we need to find some shoes/sneakers with "BIG" soles! :D Much easier for girls though-- :( Keep all the good info coming. Thanks again---

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
Just a quick update. DonickCo and I both rode Mission: Space with full stomachs (thanks to the Garden Grille), and we both rode it twice with no trouble

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom