MK on party days

My family and I will be coming through central FL this August and are debating spending Friday August 11 at a Magic Kingdom. I can see that the first MNSSHP is that night. As best I can tell from another blog and other searches, it looks like MK crowds could be minimal that day. Is that usually the case in the reduced hours before the party? And what does minimal crowds even look like in 2023?

Last winter, we made the mistake of visiting during the crowded MLK week. We'd rather have a resort day if we're looking at headaches and crowds at anywhere near normal levels at the park. My kids are 3 and 5. But if lines are a breeze, a park day might be too tempting to pass up.

Weather_Lady

Party days are great days to visit MK, especially if you have a parkhopper ticket or were planning on leaving early anyway: guests with 1-park-per-day tickets won't want to waste a whole day's ticket on a park that's closing at 6pm or so and won't have fireworks, so they'll be elsewhere, and guests who might otherwise buy G+ are less likely to waste their money on it when they'll only have it for part of a day, so there will be fewer standby lines bogged down by lightning lane users.

There will be a spike in attendance after 4pm, as that's when party guests can start to enter with their party ticket, but before then, you'll likely see the lowest crowds that MK will have all week. In prior years, my family has found that we can do as much on a party day at MK, from rope drop through mid-afternoon, as we would on a full non-party day, because the lines are that much shorter.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JohnD

My family and I will be coming through central FL this August and are debating spending Friday August 11 at a Magic Kingdom. I can see that the first MNSSHP is that night. As best I can tell from another blog and other searches, it looks like MK crowds could be minimal that day. Is that usually the case in the reduced hours before the party? And what does minimal crowds even look like in 2023?

Last winter, we made the mistake of visiting during the crowded MLK week. We'd rather have a resort day if we're looking at headaches and crowds at anywhere near normal levels at the park. My kids are 3 and 5. But if lines are a breeze, a park day might be too tempting to pass up.

Great day to visit the park during the day as crowds will be down. Be aware the offset is lack of nighttime entertainment as that is exclusive to the party.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

The low numbers of guests at MK will give you the opportunity to get a lot done and with not very long waits in line. With young kids that may not last as long especially in the August heat, a shorter MK day with low numbers may be ideal. Get a lot done and have a relaxing evening back at the resort or spend some time wandering DS.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom