MK Fireworks after Rivers of Light?

JChoma

Do you think it would be too rushed to view ROL then head to MK for Happily Ever After?
This would be the week after Thanksgiving, and I think ROL is at 5:45. If we leave AK by 7, would we get decent spots to view the fireworks at MK? Wondering if this would be too much....especially because we would do Extra AM Magic at AK that day.

carriebeth

if you were at a bus stop at animal kingdom at 7 then waited for a bus for 20 minutes, then took30 minutes to get to MK considering bus loading time, drive time and unloading time, then you need to walk to MK entrance and get through security. You are looking at getting into MK at 8:00 maybe a little later maybe a little earlier. Wonder what time the fireworks will be at that time since they do vary throughout the year. Another thing is that the Rivers of LIght is not totally guaranteed to be at 5:45. They change closing times etc over the months which could effect ROL times...I am thinking especially with Pandora AK hours will be getting lots of changing and tweaking over the months.

We always go to DIsney during very low crowd times and its still amazing how fast firework locations fill at MK. If its something you really want to see...and see well...I wouldn't try to rush fit it in. I would do it on a day I was at MK and could dedicate full attention to arriving early. If its just something you would like to see but wouldn't be terrible dissappointed if you had an obstructed view etc then you could chance getting there after another park.

Upvote 0

the_rich

if you were at a bus stop at animal kingdom at 7 then waited for a bus for 20 minutes, then took30 minutes to get to MK considering bus loading time, drive time and unloading time, then you need to walk to MK entrance and get through security. You are looking at getting into MK at 8:00 maybe a little later maybe a little earlier. Wonder what time the fireworks will be at that time since they do vary throughout the year. Another thing is that the Rivers of LIght is not totally guaranteed to be at 5:45. They change closing times etc over the months which could effect ROL times...I am thinking especially with Pandora AK hours will be getting lots of changing and tweaking over the months.

We always go to DIsney during very low crowd times and its still amazing how fast firework locations fill at MK. If its something you really want to see...and see well...I wouldn't try to rush fit it in. I would do it on a day I was at MK and could dedicate full attention to arriving early. If its just something you would like to see but wouldn't be terrible dissappointed if you had an obstructed view etc then you could chance getting there after another park.
I just got back and I got to the MK at about 830 and got what I feel was a very good spot on main Street to view the parade. So I think it's doable as long as the show is still at 9 that night.

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Where did you see a 5:45 pm showtime for Rivers of Light? It won't be dark enough in November for that early of a show. When ROL began in February the show was at 7 pm and moved to 8:45 then 9:15 once the days got longer. ROL is a 15 minute show. Once it ends, it is 30-35 minute walk out to the front of the park. (I have done this 4 times so I speak from experience.) If you plan to take a bus to MK, factor in wait time for the bus and the bus ride, 35-45 minutes.

If Happily Ever After is at 9 pm, you should have enough time to get to MK and see the show. If HEA is at 8 pm, you won't.

Upvote 0

JChoma

Original Poster
Where did you see a 5:45 pm showtime for Rivers of Light? It won't be dark enough in November for that early of a show. When ROL began in February the show was at 7 pm and moved to 8:45 then 9:15 once the days got longer. ROL is a 15 minute show. Once it ends, it is 30-35 minute walk out to the front of the park. (I have done this 4 times so I speak from experience.) If you plan to take a bus to MK, factor in wait time for the bus and the bus ride, 35-45 minutes.

If Happily Ever After is at 9 pm, you should have enough time to get to MK and see the show. If HEA is at 8 pm, you won't.

Thanks! ROL is showing up at 5:45 in Touring Plans. Has it ever been that early? And if it's that long of a walk, we'll probably call it a day after ROL unless it truly is really early that day. We are driving, so no bus lines, luckily.

Here's the link to Kennythepirates crowd calendar for those dates. ROL isn't even listed in AK. Also, as the calendar shows, make sure to factor in that there will be MVMCP going on. So there won't be HEA every night.

ETA: The link does go to the operating hours, just the url says characterlocater.

http://www.characterlocator.com/?p=cal_index&mo=11&yr=2017&cweek=5

This is super helpful. I wish they would release the ROL times soon. It's so hard to plan, not knowing when it'll be shown.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom