MK early Closings, No Erides Nights for next 2 months

They have reduced park hours, parades, and fireworks for Oct. also. I just checked their web site for the week I will be there (Oct 13- 21) and they cut the hours on several days and eliminated some parades and firework shows.:(

mickeyears

Originally posted by Buzz Lightyear
They have reduced park hours, parades, and fireworks for Oct. also. I just checked their web site for the week I will be there (Oct 13- 21) and they cut the hours on several days and eliminated some parades and firework shows.:(

We will be there at the same time. We are so sad to have reduced park hours, parades and fireworks. We are really in need of this vacation, as are probably so many others. Thanks for updates.:(

Does anyone know about priority seating reservations already made, since they are changing hours for dinner? I had made some early PS.

Yep, you get charged the same ammount but remember the lines are almost non-existant so you can enjoy yourself alot more and get alot more rides in, in a shorter amount of time.

In regards to thoes folks who already hold priority seatings, if your restaurant is effected by the reduced hours you will be contacted by phone if you left one when you made your priority seating.. If not, you need to call 407-WDW-DINE

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
My fiancee is pretty down because one of the sept eride dates was the 25th, which was her birthday, and our first day there. I'm not real happy with all of this.

mickeyears

Hi Fievel!!
I don't think anyone that had plans for e night is real happy about this. My family is really disappointed. I'm sure your fiancee will have a magical birthday anyway. Hope you made Priority Seating for a special birthday dinner. Maybe if you make PS and mention about the disappointment of no e night for your fiancee birthday they will do something special. It is a magical place where magical things do happen. You never know unless you ask.

Hi Google00! e-nights are special nights at the Magic Kingdom where the park is open for extra 3 hours after closing time for resort guest who purchase tickets for $12 (adults) at their resort. There are about 8 rides (splash mountain, space mountain, alien encounter, haunted mansion, big thunder railroad, and more). Unfortunately, there are none scheduled for the rest of Sept or Oct.

Scooter

This is frustrating.
I used to be in the restaurant business. Mondays and Tuesdays were our slow nights but we kept regular hours and sometimes lost money on those nights. Friday and Saturday nights were always busy so they more than made up for the slow nights.

My point is that people plan Disney trips months, sometimes Years in advance. Disney Parks are almost always full in the Summer months and Holidays. These are very profitable times for Disney so they should at least keep the normal operating hours that they post duing the off season and not change them on a day to day basis. It isn't fair to the people that pay in advance for their vacations. Disney should post YEARLY operating hours and stick to them. After that they should re-evaluate and change the hours accordingly.

Sorry...not whining..just venting. I STILL Love Disney World and will continue to go ..I just wish they were a little more understanding of our situations.:(

Tink

We have to remember that WDW is a business and as such needs to make money to continue. Tourism was down before this adjustment - it is the unforeseen (and I might add horrific) events of the past week that forced them to make these decisions. Frankly, I can't blame them based on what I read in the Orlando Sentinel today. Check out this article and maybe you'll see why these adjustments though frustrating are quite necessary in light of current tourism trends (http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busi...091901sep19.story?coll=orl-business-headlines).

lnsemsf

There have been a few times over the years that I've been going to Disney that their posted hours were changed by the time I got to the park. I learned to live with it, and never trust the hours posted on the internet. As for the current change in hours, Disney genreraly plans their days so that you can see most everything in the park if you get there at open and stay till it closes. If there is nobody there, there is no reason to keep the park open late. I still remember when I used to skip highschool and go, the park would occasionaly close at 6pm, but it was empty during those days so I was still able to ride everything without waiting in lines. I was at the park on Saturday and all of them were just empty! I didnt wait in any line for any ride at any park. I parked in the front row of both MGM and Animal Kingdom because so few people were there. If tourism jumps up again, and the parks get crowded, disney will re-adjust their hours to allow guests to enjoy everything, but as it is now, be thankful! I'd much rather ride everything as much as I want without waiting in line, and close 2 hours early, then wait in 3 hours of lines over the course of the day, and stay at the park later! Besides, Epcot is always open untill 9pm, just buy a hopper ticket and spend your last few hours of the day, thats what I always do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom