MK 24-hour party returning in 2015?

Furiated

Original Poster
Has anyone heard if the the 24-hour party at the MK is returning this year? I thought in a previous thread someone said that Disney was leaning towards making it an annual event to kick off the summer season. This is the first year I'd be able to go so I'd like to start planning if they are doing it, but obviously they haven't made any official announcements yet. I know there are rumors about Disneyland doing a 60 hour party, so WDW might be holding off on announcing theirs so they can announce both together.

Searching for info, I've found two things. One is that someone notices that on the official WDW calendar, every Friday in May the MK is listed as closing at midnight, but on May 22 it's listed as closing at 11pm. Based on last year, Friday May 22nd is when people are speculating they would have the party this year. That one Friday having different hours might suggest that they are just placeholder hours.

The other thing is an event listing on the Hilton Bonnet Creek website:

Rock Your Disney Side 24-Hour Party at Magic Kingdom Park
May 17th - 18th

From 6am to 6am, guests are invited to dress up for the occasion and join a gathering of Disney heroes and villains at the Magic Kingdom® Park for 24 hours of fun and follies—along with a selection of beloved attractions, popular shows and classic entertainment only Disney can bring to life. Included with regular park admission. Dates TBD.

The dates seem strange, that would mean that the party is on a Sunday night. It does say Dates TBD, but where would they have gotten those particular dates?

Anyways, I was hoping that perhaps one of our insiders here had heard something one way or the other on the 24-hour party. The worst is that if they aren't doing one, they probably aren't going to officially say Hey, there's no party this year, so it leaves people hanging wondering when they are going to announce the party, as the potential dates get closer and closer.

TimothyG

I hope they do it because it's a ton of fun, but I don't think they will this year.

Outside of the normal operating hours, it just wasn't that packed last year. Hardly anyone was there between 6 AM - 8:30 AM and people started leaving after 3 AM. All the CMs and guests were pretty loopy between 3 AM - 6 AM. I think they don't see enough of a difference between the normal days and 24 hour days to justify keeping it.

Here's to hoping I'm wrong...

intheATL

I too am anxiously awaiting to hear. My daughter and I have been to all three 24 hour events and had an absolute BLAST! Really hoping for another one this year!

ImagineerDude

I started a thread a while ago mentioning that Friday being the only in May closing at 11pm, but since it hasn't been announced or even rumored I'm getting worried.

However, I don't know if we can really justify when it should be announced. For the first one it was New Year's Eve, the second was the end of April, and the third was the end of February. So I don't know, but here's to hoping they announce one.

JasonDeyoung

I'm probably going to go with no for this year. The previous ones had teaser commercials and what not. Haven't had anything to date suggesting they are. They are fun if you've never attended Id suggest going at least once, if they do another one that is. But it is Disney, so we truly never know

Kman101

Seems like they'd be cutting it close if they did it again this year. It was fun last year. Don't know that I'd repeat it again this year, unless Disneyland does one then I may try and get out there sooner than expected, but that's a big maybe at the moment.

I think doing one EVERY year sort of takes the impact they might have. They worked well the first few times. Give it a rest and then bring it back.

JasonDeyoung

Actually the rumor was that disneyland was going to have a 60 hour event to kick off the celebration. I think logistics got in the way of that one.
Everything I've heard and read said it wasn't going to happen cause of it. But I'm sure to every no they will have a yes

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom