MK 24 hour party 2015 - Coolest Summer Ever

Next Big Thing

Perhaps in order to help me understand somebody might have to explain to me what exactly a "lifestyler" is and why they are so reviled around here as well, because I haven't figured that one out either.
Jealousy. Pure jealousy.

Why come down on this guy for being a "wanna be lifestyler" "on the outside"? You guys don't know this guy. The fact that he ISN'T a so-called "life-styler" means he probably has an actual life and is just doing this as a side thing, in hopes it takes off. If it does? Good for him.

Why people revile these people so much is beyond me and the sad thing is I don't think they realize that they're jealous.

Horizons1

Jealousy. Pure jealousy.

Why come down on this guy for being a "wanna be lifestyler" "on the outside"? You guys don't know this guy. The fact that he ISN'T a so-called "life-styler" means he probably has an actual life and is just doing this as a side thing, in hopes it takes off. If it does? Good for him.

Why people revile these people so much is beyond me and the sad thing is I don't think they realize that they're jealous.
Yes. It is jealousy. We are full of jealousy. It is just jealousy. Jealous this, jealous that. Can't slip one by you. I'm jealous of that too!

Next Big Thing

Yes. It is jealousy. We are full of jealousy. It is just jealousy. Jealous this, jealous that. Can't slip one by you. I'm jealous of that too!
If you think that this is really justified hate on a "lifestyler" (which I don't see a true justifiable reason for hate on them anyway), tell me why then he specifically said then he was headed to WORK and he talked extensively in a very negative manner?

This is just hate for the sake of hate... @WDW1974 has installed it in your brain that anyone who talks about Disney online in their leisure time is a "Lifestyler". And if that were true, what does that make all of us? Most are just sitting at home, looking on these boards in our free time (much like he could make those videos in his free time). I honestly don't see the difference in this specific case.

A true "lifestyler", even though we established he is not one, would only talk positive and would not allow anyone to question Disney or their practices. Yet he defied all of that during his drive, once again, to WORK. You know, a job? The things lifestylers are said not to have because they spend their whole life revolving around Disney?

Oh yeah, I forgot, logic isn't allowed.

Tigger1988

Don't have a job, go to Disney every day = you're a lifestyler
Have a job, get to 24 hour Disney event "late" = lolzzzz stupid lifestyler

Pick a narrative and stick to it. Also, if you actually watch the video he wasn't complaining that he COULDN'T get in. He was talking about how poorly it was communicated to guests standing in 3 hour lines that they were never getting in and thus causing an unsafe environment.

asianway

Don't have a job, go to Disney every day = you're a lifestyler
Have a job, get to 24 hour Disney event "late" = lolzzzz stupid lifestyler

Pick a narrative and stick to it. Also, if you actually watch the video he wasn't complaining that he COULDN'T get in. He was talking about how poorly it was communicated to guests standing in 3 hour lines that they were never getting in and thus causing an unsafe environment.
Have any other reports of it being unsafe other than this? Cuz he didn't convince me.

Tigger1988

Have any other reports of it being unsafe other than this? Cuz he didn't convince me.
Is it my job to compile them for you? I'm not writing a thesis on this so I don't have a backlog of stories to share, I saw a video on Facebook and I shared it here. Try Twitter?

tenchikiss

I have read several reports online about things being dicey. That at one point some people moved a barrier out of the way and made of run for it, some of them successfully getting into the park. That the police had been called earlier in the day. That the downtown Disney entrance (?) was letting people in and the other entrances were not. I didn't quite understand that one since I have never been the CA and seen the layout to the park and what the different bag check areas look like. I have read that people at California Adventures were told they would eventually be let in the park after 10:30 but it was closer to 2 am.

I think the biggest crowd control problem the entire day was allowing people to camp out for 10 plus hours for a parade. It made their smaller Main Street very crowded thus more difficult to let people in. It looked like homeless central in a lot of pictures.

I have first hand seen poor crowd control lines at Disney, which I believe is what the man in the video was most upset about, the line jumpers. At the last 24 hour party people were in a "pre-line" for Maleficent and Evil Queen. My husband and I were riding the carosuel and watched it go down when a new CM came up and told everyone there was no line and it was going to be first come first serve. Never before had I seen so many angry people before at Disney in one place. I mean there were a lot of angry people at the limited time magic Villain Event (I was one of them) but they weren't all in one place. That was the poorest example of line control I have ever seen at Disney before, making a situation dangerous when it had been orderly moments before.

Sonconato

I am a new member and not nearly proficient at all things Disney as everyone else, but I felt compelled to write because of all the negative things written about Jeff Heimbuch. I do not know Jeff at all and he certainly doesn't know me; however, he has a lot of credibility that I think is worth noting before you call him a "lifestyler" or even a "hipster." He has written two books. The first is called It's Kind of a Cute Story, which was written with Rolly Crump (I am sure all of you diehard Disney fans know him) about his life. The second book is called Main Street Windows, which is a thorough account of every window in every Disney Park, giving accurate biographies of the people listed on the windows and other characteristics about them. He's also friends with Bob Gurr. I feel it took a lot for him to post that video and, in my opinion, he was overly fair. I feel other Disney fans should be fair to him as well.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Is he a thing? I thought maybe he was just some random narcissist that @Tigger1988 found on YouTube. But by your comment I take it he's a full time Disney blogger with the uniquely annoying personality to go with it? :rolleyes:

I can't get myself to click on his YouTube channel to see his other videos, since I'm afraid I'll be stuck in a Sunday afternoon loop of watching horrific commentary about how much his opinion matters. It doesn't.

But from the three minutes of his linked video here that I watched, I'd like for him to either get some Rogaine on that patchy thin beard or shave it off and try to get the ladies some other way.
He is affiliated with micechat.

Before moving to the west coast he did a weekly podcast called communicore weekly.

It is big enough that a few years ago they even did a special event at Epcot.

He is a nice fellow, really.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
He wants to be a thing. He's essentially on the outside of the bloggers and lifestylers looking in and asking why can't I hang out with you guys. So he tries really hard to be something he isn't.
I would say...thats not correct.

He has built a name for himself, and, as I noted, his podcasts are big enough that they warranted a special event at Epcot a few years back.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Looks like crap
First, it is a podcast. The youtube formats used to come out a bit later, and Jeff threw them together as basically a slide show. So, it looks like "crap" because their primary format wasnt video.

Second, Id like to see one of the videos you have done and radio style shows you have written and performed before you get high and mighty about the skillsets of those involved.

I'll wait...

asianway

First, it is a podcast. The youtube formats used to come out a bit later, and Jeff threw them together as basically a slide show. So, it looks like "crap" because their primary format wasnt video.

Second, Id like to see one of the videos you have done and radio style shows you have written and performed before you get high and mighty about the skillsets of those involved.

I'll wait...
My everyone here seems to have a favorite lifestyler. Nice to see he upgraded from prodigy graphics to the dashboard cam. Neither grabs me.

Tigger1988

Quoting this for the next time you ask for proof of anything.
Like when I asked for proof members of WDI were being sexually inappropriate with children? Probably wasn't going to find that on Twitter.

But have fun keeping tabs on me, and Jeff and every other fandom personality you follow every step of the way.

asianway

Like when I asked for proof members of WDI were being sexually inappropriate with children? Probably wasn't going to find that on Twitter.

But have fun keeping tabs on me, and Jeff and every other fandom personality you follow every step of the way.
I never even heard of the guy before you posted the video. Seems like I'm not the only one keeping tabs

Tigger1988

I never even heard of the guy before you posted the video. Seems like I'm not the only one keeping tabs
Yup, posting a video that I found on my Facebook feed is keeping tabs. Yup.

You however seem to know everything about every lifestyler. Must be exhausting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom