Miyazaki/Studio Ghibli attraction at the Japan pavilion?

FettFan

Original Poster
Since Disney owns the American distribution rights to Studio Ghibli's films, and given their current work at trying to make World Showcase more of a draw for audiences (Three Caballeros at Mexico, Frozen at Norway), do you think a Studio Ghibli attraction would be a feasible expansion for the Japan pavilion?

And if so, what SG properties would you like to see, and how would you like to see them?

For a bit of inspiration, here's plushie Totoro's cameo in Toy Story 3.
tumblr_madf01kHkd1rt479bo8_500.gif

Bairstow

...although, in a perfect world they'd build an indoor bike coaster themed around Akira.
Neo-Tokyo still counts as Japan, right?

Texas84

Not a big fan but the relationship is there and it could make for a beautiful dark ride. I would prefer more of a cultural experience like Mexico or Norway. Oh wait. Never mind.

FettFan

Original Poster
A ride that starts off with My Neighbor Totoro an ends with Grave of the Firefiles......
tumblr_mf0yy2LyTM1rt479bo1_500.gif

That's what you call an E-Ticket of Emotion.....

I'm going to disagree about GotF... given how heavy the subject matter is, I don't think it would be suitable in an amusement park. Would be like putting a "Bambi's Mom" ride at Animal Kingdom.

loveglobe

This is a terrific idea, but film distribution rights are not the same as intellectual property licensing rights which I believe they would need to put a physical attraction in the park. If they could agree on a deal, Tokyo Disneyland might also be a good place for a Miyazaki attraction. My vote would be Spirited Away or Kiki's Delivery Service.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom