Mister Toad's Wild Ride

CaptainAshley

Great link. I really miss Mr Toad too. Did they close it around the same time that they renovated Snow Whites Scary Adventures? I remember both rides being pretty scary, very classic dark rides, but so fun nonetheless. And before the renovation when they added Snow White, I remember being just as scared on SWSA as on Haunted Mansion!

MKCP 1985

They were going to try and sell Mr. Toad plush toys, but in Research & Development, every time anyone picked up the toad, he peed on them. :( . . . because you know, that's what toads do when you pick them up. . .

That was his ultimate downfall.

Is something wrong with a kid that goes 3 times in a row on a ride that ends up with being hit by a train and going to hell... Who cares!!! I loved it! :) It was a simple and very effective thrill ride! People who've been on it won't forget it... People who haven't, will wonder how this ride could have been in Fantasyland in the first place!

pluto13

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride's Closing left me heartbroken. I wish it would have never closed! I guess they made the transformation because of Pooh's Popularity.

LostPrincessKarleigh

I was about 6 or 7 years old when I rode MTWR at WDW. All I remember was the blacklights making my Lamb Chop (Now who remembers that?!) velvro shoes glow in the dark and getting hit by the train. :) It is still one of the attractions I miss the most (along with Horizons, which I rode right before they closed. Don't remember anything about it.)

Disneyfanman

Still ride it regularly at DL. It's the weirdest little attraction.........I just can't understand how it ever got made. Hit be a train and going to ..... We always go on it tho, and I hope it sticks around for a long time. I never thought the WDW version was as good (if good is the right word). More cartoony and less in your face weird.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom