Mister Toad's Wild Ride

anamcara87

Original Poster
Probably just because Pooh is a more popular character and fit better with the theming of the land. Mr. Toad is sorely missed, though.

I had figured as much. I remember hearing something along the lines that people were complaining that the content of the ride was too much for little children, but that may have been a rumor. Has anyone else heard this?

Mrs.Toad

I loved that ride, hence the user name. I miss Toad Hall. I don't mind and really appreciate new rides but I wish they would keep some of the old rides. They do have alot of property but I understand that they count how many people enter the rides. Just great childhood memories. Especially ensuring that we rode both the left and right sides.

Mrs. Toad

surfsupdon

Mr Toad holds GREAT kid memories with my family. I appreciate change, and kind of like the Pooh ride, but much prefer Toad in its wackiness and overall fun. Pooh isn't a must ride for us, whereas other Fantasyland rides are.

TimontheGreat

I had figured as much. I remember hearing something along the lines that people were complaining that the content of the ride was too much for little children, but that may have been a rumor. Has anyone else heard this?
I heard that the main reason they closed it was because of the whole h-e- double hockey sticks thing.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I heard that the main reason they closed it was because of the whole h-e- double hockey sticks thing.
I never thought that Toad in hell was any scarier than Snow White's Scary Adventure.

I always figured it was because of synergy and marketing. Along with the fact that the ride didn't really live up to the Disney standard.(IMHO)

chipndale76

I loved riding Mr Toads Wild Ride as a child. I went to Disneyland in 2005 and as of then at least it was still a functioning ride there.:)

Oriolesmagic

i vaguely remember riding this ride as a kid.
i remember a toad being in there somewhere.
was it in disneyworld in florida?

Same with me, I remember I got really sad when it closed down, but I was sort of happy because I love Pooh and it was my nickname. Which is strange because now I'm very skinny, but back then I looked like the Michelin man.:lol:

TheDisneyMagic

I loved riding Mr Toads Wild Ride as a child. I went to Disneyland in 2005 and as of then at least it was still a functioning ride there.:)

That is correct, the attraction is still going over at Disneyland Resort.

I talked to somebody, ugh I forget who though, and he said "How many characters from Winnie the Pooh can you name?...and how many from Mr. Toad's?

There you go, hit the nail on the head.

It is nice that there are a few things remembering Mr Toad's wild ride in the Magic Kingdom but things move on and Pooh appeals much more to todays public.

StitchMad

The children of today are being brought up with Pooh Bear. My mother's cousin has just had a baby, and we take care of her 2 days per week. Everything we have got her is to do with Pooh Bear.

As much as I enjoyed the Mr. Toads Wild Ride at Disneyland, I think it is nice to have some change at Disney World, as it more appeals to today's main audience.

You can still Mr. Toad in the Pooh ride though. When you go through the old shack (Owl is up above) if you look to the left, you can see a picture hung on the wall, featuring Mr. Toad.

Enjoy. :)

Oriolesmagic

The children of today are being brought up with Pooh Bear. My mother's cousin has just had a baby, and we take care of her 2 days per week. Everything we have got her is to do with Pooh Bear.

As much as I enjoyed the Mr. Toads Wild Ride at Disneyland, I think it is nice to have some change at Disney World, as it more appeals to today's main audience.

You can still Mr. Toad in the Pooh ride though. When you go through the old shack (Owl is up above) if you look to the left, you can see a picture hung on the wall, featuring Mr. Toad.

Enjoy. :)

There is also another one on the right... I think they should have something like stuffed memorabilia of old attractions at Disney.

I have very fond memories of Mr. Toad from my first trip to Disney World in January of 1972. I was about 6 then, and when we turned onto the "train tracks" it was the biggest thrill of my life! I talked about it for years after, and when I returned to WDW as a college student, it was my very first ride.
I was lucky enough to visit DL with my family in 07 and we all rode Mr. Toad; my kids loved it, despite their genuine "thrill ride" experiences!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom