Mission space

Jakesky40

Original Poster
I personally love Mission Space, one of Epcot's best attractions. I think that it does need a pretty nice upgrade soon though. For me the screens are a bit on the small side and I wish they were larger for a more immersive experience (curved tv's possibly). And it would be amazing if we could have more than one "mission" there could be a variety of different experiences. Just some thoughts on it, and wanted to know what others thought or if anyone knows if any future plans.

Bolt

I personally love Mission Space, one of Epcot's best attractions. I think that it does need a pretty nice upgrade soon though. For me the screens are a bit on the small side and I wish they were larger for a more immersive experience (curved tv's possibly). And it would be amazing if we could have more than one "mission" there could be a variety of different experiences. Just some thoughts on it, and wanted to know what others thought or if anyone knows if any future plans.
Haven't heard of any plans for this attraction.

MrDee

As for your question, though....yes, it would be nice if they added multiple missions like they did with Star Tours. Before they updated that ride, I barely ever made the time to ride it. Now, it's a must do...that, and my kids totally love it.

wdwgreek

One of the best attractions at EPCOT? It would maybe qualify as the best attraction at a David N Busters, maybe slightly beter then their Star Wars Simulator, but hardly the best at EPCOT. But to each to their own, when a park only have five rides it gets hard to say

Chef Mickey

One of the best attractions at EPCOT? It would maybe qualify as the best attraction at a David N Busters, maybe slightly beter then their Star Wars Simulator, but hardly the best at EPCOT. But to each to their own, when a park only have five rides it gets hard to say
While I think it needs upgrading, it is ridiculous to say it's anything Dave N Busters could ever have. It's a $100M attraction with an immersive queue, beautiful design outside, and centrifuges that are quite complex and expensive.

The sustained G forces produced could be used in multiple "experiences" with updated missions and video.

epcotisbest

Which four rides at Epcot do you not count as rides, as we rode nine our last trip and enjoyed them all? Besides, rides are only a small part of Epcot. You should stick with DNB. We have gone to Epcot many times and never even gotten on a ride and had a wonderful time. Same with AK. Try a show, see a film, appreciate the architecture, try some different foods, stroll through the shops, check out the landscaping, watch the street performers and entertainment in the different countries...or just go somewhere else. Comparing one of the most high tech rides in the world with DNB...hyperbole at best.

Chef Mickey

It's laughable how people could think Mission Space is some kind of throw away attraction. We are talking about technology NASA uses and it's actually similar to their training experience. This is a $100M attraction.

We all agree it needs some updating, but it's an incredibly advanced ride and experience you really can't find anywhere else. There are rollercoasters, drops, and other "thrill" rides, but the sensation experienced on Mission Space is almost one of a kind. It was so advanced and unnatural for people, they had to essentially dumb down half of it for people getting too sick.

It's truly a small taste of how it feels to go to the moon and that's incredible.

With the right updates, it would be right back up there as one of the most advanced and immersive rides around.

epcotisbest

It's laughable how people could think Mission Space is some kind of throw away attraction. We are talking about technology NASA uses and it's actually similar to their training experience. This is a $100M attraction.

We all agree it needs some updating, but it's an incredibly advanced ride and experience you really can't find anywhere else. There are rollercoasters, drops, and other "thrill" rides, but the sensation experienced on Mission Space is almost one of a kind. It was so advanced and unnatural for people, they had to essentially dumb down half of it for people getting too sick.

It's truly a small taste of how it feels to go to the moon and that's incredible.

With the right updates, it would be right back up there as one of the most advanced and immersive rides around.
I am one of those they modified it for. Can only do the wimpy side. Other side I was as sick as I have ever been, but did not lose it until I got off and to a bathroom. To me, recognizing it was too intense and doing something about it was an inspiring move. We rode the wimpy side the morning it opened. Loved it. And there is much more to MIssion Space than just the ride. The building, the que...

Chef Mickey

I am one of those they modified it for. Can only do the wimpy side. Other side I was as sick as I have ever been, but did not lose it until I got off and to a bathroom. To me, recognizing it was too intense and doing something about it was an inspiring move. We rode the wimpy side the morning it opened. Loved it. And there is much more to MIssion Space than just the ride. The building, the que...
Exactly. You can then attest to how unique and "different" the experience is from your average thrill ride. This isn't fast or a big drop...this is probably a little bit how astronauts feel and that's pretty cool. Now, they've made it at least ridable for everyone, although I wish it didn't cause so much nausea for people! That just speaks to the authenticity though.

Cmdr_Crimson

Hard to believe that this ride was originialy a tie in for the film Mission to Mars but, since the movie flopped they hid everything (Except Gary Sinese)...The ride is fun...BUT! It has one of the Worst theme songs in Theme Park History! CM's stated they call the singer the screaming banshee...

Goofnut1980

It would be great if they could do an upgrade... The technology is fine. Just upgrade the video at least... So much has been done with CGI, it would be awesome!

grim-grinning_toast

I was really surprised by how beautiful this queue was the first time I rode it. I was also surprised by how much fun it was. I rarely seen it with a wait over 15 minutes.

The only part that makes me feel sick is before the ride even starts and you're enclosed in your little machine, trying not to think about a glitch making it impossible for them to ever open the doors again...

Weather_Lady

I always have to do the "tame" side -- I love thrill rides, but M:S (the not-so-tame side) is the only attraction I've ever experienced that made me queasy.

Multiple missions is a great idea -- that would be terrific, and would undoubtedly encourage re-rides, possibly enough to take some of the pressure off of Test Track and Soarin'.

mergatroid

Multiple missions would be great. I find I ride it now mainly to enjoy one or two moments of it with much of the rest just being 'filler' to me. Don''t get me wrong, it's a good overall experience but after a few rides it loses a bit. Because of this I tend to not waste a FP on it and tend to not wait in line if the wait exceeds 15 mins or so. Adding more missions like Star Tours did would certainly make my interest pique.

ninjaprincesst

Multiple missions would be great. I find I ride it now mainly to enjoy one or two moments of it with much of the rest just being 'filler' to me. Don''t get me wrong, it's a good overall experience but after a few rides it loses a bit. Because of this I tend to not waste a FP on it and tend to not wait in line if the wait exceeds 15 mins or so. Adding more missions like Star Tours did would certainly make my interest pique.
That is my thought exactly do something like Star tours where it's not the same video every time.

copcarguyp71

Just an addition where the user input actually matters or effects the outcome would be stellar. The first time you do the ride it is immersive but any time after that you realize it is just a ride and that the perceived "input" is really just a placebo.

ftc316

You don't need any updates for this ride from Disney. All you need is to listen to my custom, timed out, ride music I created for this ride. I have 3-4 song mixes created for this ride but this forum won't allow me to attach a MP3 to share? I guess you can e-mail me to send them to you. frank@vermontsignworks.com Just put them on your MP3 player and call up the mP3 and be ready to hit PLAY as soon as Gary finishes his last COMMANDS " On your Mission to Mars" before the hatch opens and the blue sky hits you in the face. You will never go back to the original ride again after you experience the ride with custom music. Like I said I have created 3-4 different songs-versions so contact me if you are interested. You can even call up the Ride video on Youtube and test it out before you go in there cold to get the timing right on when to hit PLAY. Let me know if you want them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom