1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Mission:Space update (confirmed)

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by BEARSHOUSE4, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Neo222

Neo222 Member

So I watched both the videos for Green and Orange. I admit they have their own charm, and I do enjoy the updated Mars mission and the new Earth mission. Makes a bit more sense, really. Green is meant to be calmer, and Orange is more intense. Therefore, Green is a simple training mission over Earth, and Orange is the rowdy 'everything goes wrong in the end' Mars mission.

I did notice a few things in both footage. More details to the launch sequence, an updated space station, and more details here and there. I think they updated the station due to the whole thing that by that time period, the ISS would be gone. But, I also think they updated the space station to go in line with the upcoming space restaurant, since I see similarities between the station's design and the concept art we gotten.

Overall, looking forward to seeing these things myself. And maybe I'll have the guts to ride Orange...

2. Next Big Thing

Next Big Thing Well-Known Member

Wrong.

Pre-show video:
    [​IMG]

In ride cabin:
    [​IMG]

(Photos: @MrEpcot on twitter)

3. trainplane3

trainplane3 Well-Known Member

They also have the new space telescope added as well. I forget the name, but it matches what will be going up soon.

Fantasmicguy likes this.
  4. trainplane3

Awesome to know. Also the bottom image is the original "astronaut grabbing the stick" footage from the original preshow. They didn't bother re-rendering it at all, just shrunk it down so it would seem sharper. Made me laugh.

5. RSoxNo1

RSoxNo1 Well-Known Member

The script was about 95% identical on the Orange Team with only a few lines dropped and other small language changes.

Initial complaint about Green Team. The interactive component seems rushed and forced but otherwise looks like a pleasant ride.

Fantasmicguy likes this.
  6. Next Big Thing

Next Big Thing Well-Known Member

Gary Sinise is getting older (62) and Disney probably doesn't expect a significant refurb to Mission:Space anytime in the next 8-10 years at the very least so the probably just wanted to replace Sinise with someone a bit younger so it doesn't seem incredibly outdated in 10 years when he's in his 70's.

Is it a missed opportunity to change the script? Sure. But there was also nothing wrong with the script either.

7. matt9112

matt9112 Well-Known Member

huge gain lowering the height requirement wasd a bigger deal than you might think and than adding a little more reridablity. it's a big improvement even though it's small.

rode today waited 10 for green while orange had a 30 minute wait.

Fantasmicguy and JenniferS like this.
  8. sbunit

sbunit New Member

Is the new height the same for both missions? Or does the orange have a higher height requirement? What's everyone's opinion on a 4 year old riding the more intense of the two? I haven't been on this ride in years, wondering what's the extent of these changes. Thanks in advance

9. Kevin_W

Kevin_W Well-Known Member

That is my least favorite Disney song, but I'm glad at least someone likes it! I find the BGM to Test Track to be lacking as well, perhaps it's just that side of the park...

10. trainplane3

Personally, I'd say no way for a 4 year old on orange. The forces would probably terrify them. Green may be fine for them though. That depends on if they can deal with loud-ish noises like the launch for example.

Then again, I'm not a parent so maybe someone else can weigh in better.

11. JohnD

JohnD Well-Known Member

I can say I have never experienced Destiny because I still haven't been on M:S but I know it all too well from the WDW Music 2 CD set. No fan of it either.

Fantasmicguy likes this.
  12. wdwmagic

wdwmagic Administrator Moderator

Details on height http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...irst-look-at-the-relaunched-mission-space.htm

I wouldn't take a 4 year old on Orange.

13. Goofyernmost

Goofyernmost Well-Known Member

Sure but don't forget that you slept for about a month on the way to Mars. That would make it seem longer.

14. egg

egg Well-Known Member

Oh, I'd say there is something wrong with it. At times, it suggests you are simply going through flight training, and at other times, it suggests you are actually going into space.

It should really stick to one story or the other.

PorterRedkey and Marc Davis Fan like this.
  15. MisterPenguin

MisterPenguin Premium Member

"Welcome to Mars!"

Fantasmicguy and Marc Davis Fan like this.
  16. trainplane3

Oh crap you're right. So orange is about 3 months longer than green now. What a rip off for Green team now.

Fantasmicguy, worldfanatic and bclane like this.
  17. Goofyernmost

Goofyernmost Well-Known Member

And yet, the admission price has remained the same for either one. What a corporate money grab.

18. Kevin_W

Kevin_W Well-Known Member

Agreed - that bugs me.

19. Cosmic Commando

Cosmic Commando Well-Known Member

If they can handle the other 44" rides (Everest and Space Mountain) first, then I would probably take them on Orange. As the parent, you can probably tell what they're ready for; don't be afraid to ride it first to refresh your memory (assuming you're with someone else who can watch the kids).

Fantasmicguy likes this.
  20. GlacierGlacier

GlacierGlacier New Member

Yup! They replaced the Hubble space telescope with the James Webb Space Telescope. Let's just hope when it launches and deploys everything goes well.

Fantasmicguy and trainplane3 like this.