1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Mission:Space update (confirmed)

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by BEARSHOUSE4, Mar 21, 2017.

1. JohnD

JohnD Well-Known Member

Great video. I've always chickened out on this. Watching this video may be enough for me for Orange. However, I'm planning on riding Green in several weeks. I'll have a somewhat better feel for the space before deciding whether or not to ride Orange then.

2. worldfanatic

worldfanatic Well-Known Member

I feel the same way. They could've made at least a slight change here or there.
    But all in all, I'm impressed.
    After riding Mission Orange probably some 20 times, I'm looking forward to adding a ride on Mission Green for the first time ever next month.

trainplane3 likes this.
  3. trainplane3

trainplane3 Well-Known Member

I'd try orange. The extra eye candy is well worth it now. I'm not trying to hype people up, but it really does look that much better. This is coming from someone that basically "licks the pixels" in gaming. And if you don't, I feel green is in a good place now. It doesn't feel like "oh it's orange but lacking the forces aka fun". It feels like it's own ride. If only random events could happen, that'd seal the deal for M:S.

4. JohnD

JohnD Well-Known Member

Thanks. Will start with Green. It's the spinning that doesn't exactly excite me. Still haven't gone on RnRC because I don't like loops either. Been on ToT and Everest. Just not M:S at all or RnRC to date. Will change soon with Mission Green.

trainplane3 likes this.
  5. tissandtully

tissandtully Well-Known Member

Never been on green, does it just spin slower?

trainplane3 likes this.
  6. trainplane3

The spinning is only on the main parts, at least the heaviest of it. Launch, earth orbit, moon slingshot, and Mars reentry. It's only for 10-15 secs each but you will feel the forces pushing you back. Maybe, don't think of it as spinning? You can only tell you're spinning if you stop looking at the screen.

The reaction from my friends on orange went from "oh wow" to "holy $..." pretty quickly on launch and Mars reentry. And my friends did M:S before too, they never mentioned the forces till now.

7. trainplane3

Slower/not at all. Old green spun at the end but slowly. There's a YouTube video of it. New green? No idea, but I felt something. Could've just been the capsule tilting to simulate forces though.

tissandtully likes this.
  8. CaptJackSparrow

CaptJackSparrow Member

Sorry if this has already been asked, but I have been checking repeatedly and have not seen any FastPasses available for Mission Space for this Sunday, when it is scheduled to re-open. Can anyone confirm if any have been made available?

9. trainplane3

I have one for this Sunday. Not sure why you aren't seeing it.

10. jmuboy

jmuboy Well-Known Member

sad destiny is removed from the hallway. Why remove all good Epcot songs?

BlindChow and willtravel like this.
  11. MisterPenguin

MisterPenguin Premium Member

Gina: But there is one thing they had which you don't have yet...

Cowardly Lion: C-OURAGE!!

---

The lieutenant seemed a bit... off. First of all, his spiel is being lip-synced, is it not? The voice doesn't seem to match. Also, it looks like he is pretending to clap at the end, probably so the sound of clapping doesn't impinge on Gina's spiel. On the bright side, for all the Men's Rights Activists who were angry that Gary was replaced by Gina, you still have a White man telling you what to do!

Also: let's take the idea that this fits in with "edutainment" and flush it down the toilet: Planned near-collision flybys of satellites; An orbit that make left and right turns; Hollywood version of an asteroid field; Extend your wings in the negligible atmosphere!

Also: this does not clear up the confusion between training and simulating you're on an actual mission. It's the same script. So... did we go into hypersleep or not? Why are we training to come out of sleep? Welcome to Mars!!

Other than that, it's really nice that Green and Orange are so clearly marked and separated and each have their own FP line. It's still a great thrill ride with the centrifuge and a nice space ride for the kids despite its bad science.

12. crxbrett

crxbrett Well-Known Member

Does Green even spin? I only went on it once, but it literally felt like it just tilted a little, like Star Tours but even less extreme, and never actually spun. After doing Orange a handful of times, Green just seemed like it sat still to me, though. Maybe it does move, albeit very, very slowly. If it does spin/revolve, it's very subtle.

marni1971 likes this.
  13. crxbrett

Okay, so here you can see the ride does not even spin until the very, very end. And it looks like it only does one full revolution/rotation before it stops and it takes a good 30 seconds to make that revolution. So it is suuuper slow and not intense whatsoever.

JenniferS and Princess Leia like this.
  14. MisterPenguin

It's probably just to get all the vomit pooled in one corner.

15. crxbrett

From what I have heard, MS Orange rotates at 16rpms. So watching that video, Green team looks like 2rpms since it took :30 seconds to do 1 full revolution. Basically Orange spins 8x as fast as Green.

16. HMF

HMF Well-Known Member

Pity, since that was my biggest complaint from the original.

17. PorterRedkey

PorterRedkey Premium Member

It is also on the main sign with the orange and green mission words in a smaller font than "EARTH" or "MARS"
    [​IMG]

crxbrett likes this.
  18. MisterPenguin

Well, yeah, you're informed where the green and orange missions go, but, it really doesn't say "Earth Mission" nor "Mars Mission." The import of that is that on the site that shan't be uttered, they made a big deal of saying that "orange and green" are being renamed to "Mars Mission and Earth Mission", as in no more green and orange. So far, only one sign that we've seen has the phrases "Mars Mission" and "Earth Mission."

It's probably because someone saw that sign that they came away with the "news" of a renaming.

And they were so proud of that scoop.

BlindChow likes this.
  19. trainplane3

I think the cards they give out say Mars or Earth mission on them now. I'll have to pay attention on Sunday.

CaptJackSparrow and PorterRedkey like this.
  20. Captain Neo

Captain Neo Well-Known Member

No new nods or homages to Horizons?

#disrespectful

PorterRedkey and Marc Davis Fan like this.