Mission:Space update (confirmed)

jaxonp

I don't understand why the missions aren't random ala Star Tours... this seems like such a simple thing for Disney to do. MS never has a wait, give people a reason to go back to this attraction.

Clamman73

Just rode orange!
Some new music
Orange is beautiful!
I swear it pushes you harder and longer in terms of gforces. I never had issues pushing the button but man...launch and Mars reentry FEELS way more intense now. Might be me though.
Was it an obvious difference in definition of the screen on the ride?

Indianajonze

Just rode orange!
Some new music
Orange is beautiful!
I swear it pushes you harder and longer in terms of gforces. I never had issues pushing the button but man...launch and Mars reentry FEELS way more intense now. Might be me though.

nah i remember this being the case a few times. had to make a real effort to lift my arm to push the button

Indianajonze

I don't understand why the missions aren't random ala Star Tours... this seems like such a simple thing for Disney to do. MS never has a wait, give people a reason to go back to this attraction.

well i can tell you that a lot of people need to muster significant amounts of courage to get on this ride. keeping things familiar makes it easier to deal with

trainplane3

nah i remember this being the case a few times. had to make a real effort to lift my arm to push the button
It's never affected me as much as it did today. I swear the duration has actually increased. It's probably just in my head honestly. This was a good refurb. Update and upgrade some stuff.

Actually the astronaut grabbing the joystick in the 2 preshow film is the same, just scaled down.

Tom Morrow

Looks like exactly the refresh the ride needed to bring it up to modern standards. I'm not surprised that the gravity wheel doesn't work still and that the advanced training lab remains the same as this was a short refurb. Also they kept the "simulation of a training simulation" storyline, which I approve of. There isn't any way to theme the centrifuge and capsules to be a convincing space shuttle.

My only complaint is that her script is a word for word copy of Gary's, which will make you make comparisons in how they delivered it. Also, I liked the old flight director woman's voice. I think the new guy is the same narrator as on Test Track.

Last edited:

rael ramone

I'd prefer they use people who are mostly unknown for non IP driven rides. Fortunately I had no clue who she was until some intense researching.

Take Dinosaur for example. This to me was a mistake: All my brain sees is Clair Huxtable.
Listen%20Quiz%2016.jpg

Anytime you see a known actor (or even a familiar actor that shows up as guest spots in other works) you are going to get a connection to their other works... Unless you shoot for unknowns for every project, this is unavoidable. (At least once during the M:S preshow I've heard someone shout 'Lt. Dan!').

That said, Phylicia Rashad in this Disney preshow is the gold standard. Projects scientific knowledge, authority, all with great timing - perfectly fitting the attraction.

Now reading about the updated M:S in later posts. Sounds like an upgrade. Now a reason to try out Green Team. (CGI works on the Orange Team screen, not so much on the Soarin screen, so I'm not worried about CGI here). As a fan of the postshow game (I've gone in the back door to just do that several times) it's a plus that that is still there... Great preshows like Dr. Marsh can be a significant plus, a parallel move as far as preshow content/script for M:S is just fine with me.... It's important that she doesn't tell guests to 'thank the Phoenicians'...

P_Radden

I've asked this before and don't believe it was answered. Can someone tell me what the CMs were doing in that control room on the right, before you are split up into groups? Not sure if that room is still there after the refurb, but they always seemed so serious looking at those control panels. Were they simply acting or actually monitoring computers related to the ride mechanics? @marni1971 ?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom