Mission:Space update (confirmed)

Princess Leia

I've never heard of her. Then I Googled her and at least I know why. The fault is mine. I have never seen a single episode of any of the shows listed.

Lieutenant Dan, I knew.

Gina Torres (born April 25, 1969)[1] is an American television and movie actress. She has appeared in many television series, including Hercules: The Legendary Journeys (as Nebula), Xena: Warrior Princess (as Cleopatra), the short-lived Cleopatra 2525, Alias (as Anna Espinosa), Firefly (as Zoe Washburne), Angel (as Jasmine), 24 (as Julia Miliken), Suits (as Jessica Pearson), The Shield (as Sadie Kavanaugh), and Westworld (as Lauren).
I completely forgot that she showed up in Westworld. She was tragically wonderful in Hannibal (in which she costarred with her husband)

worldfanatic

Can't complain about the choice of Gina Torres. I like Gary Sinise but you could tell he was just going thru the motions and reading his lines, and it never seemed like a convincing reading, either.

I'll disagree there.
I thought Sinise did a great job prepping us for the coming mission. I didn't see him "going through the motions" at all.
He used a casual, confident demeanor that probably eased many rider's worries before experiencing an attraction with a reputation for being extremely intense.
That said, I agree Gina Torres is a perfect choice and I can't wait for her to "brief" me next month.

Cmdr_Crimson

Actress Gina Torres is the new face of the relaunched Mission SPACE
Gary Sinese...Your thoughts?
giphy.gif

hokielutz

Saddened by this change. Gary had some great roles in space related movies that made him the ideal choice to be the Mission Control rep in the pre-flight when this pavilion opened. (Apollo 13 and Mission to Mars) But 25 days from now I will look forward to taking flight cues from Gina in Mission Control

Launchpad McQuack

What is "PC" now about M:S like what do they possibly have to complain about lol

A non-white woman replacing a white man in the attraction = PC/SJW/"Disney's liberal agenda"/whichever phrase is being used today. It couldn't be that Gina Torres is awesome and is most commonly associated with a cult favorite sci-fi series that features space travel.

becca_

A non-white woman replacing a white man in the attraction = PC/SJW/"Disney's liberal agenda"/whichever phrase is being used today. It couldn't be that Gina Torres is awesome and is most commonly associated with a cult favorite sci-fi series that features space travel.
Oh give me a break, lmao. That's unbelievable. They updated the ride & updated the pre-show with someone who, like you said, is associated with space themed sci-fi film/tv/etc.

I'm all for switching it up, inclusion, etc. but that is absolutely not the reason why Disney decided to change from Gary to Gina. People really need a hobby :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom