Mission:Space update (confirmed)

HMF

I can't see it being that big a deal in the greater scheme of things. Nor to take too long from a guest perspective. I'd be surprised if the pavilion fully closed at all
So it's just a new simulation they could put in over night no major Aesthetic overhaul?

CrescentLake

I can't see it being that big a deal in the greater scheme of things. Nor to take too long from a guest perspective. I'd be surprised if the pavilion fully closed at all

Wow, thats very interesting. Will we even get an announcement?

Also an aside, it seems like you've been working overtime on these boards lately. I wanted to make sure you and the other insiders know how much I appreciate it. Very exciting time to be a Disney fan!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
soarin-queue-epcot-walt-disney-world.jpg

I've never seen a hotel hallway look like this...?

Yes, that's a nice walkway. And not the majority of the queue. The rest is magical, like the Peter Pan queue...

upload_2017-3-22_15-1-52.png

upload_2017-3-22_15-6-18.png

upload_2017-3-22_15-12-54.png

upload_2017-3-22_15-10-1.png

upload_2017-3-22_15-12-6.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-3-22_15-5-7.png
    upload_2017-3-22_15-5-7.png
    464.2 KB · Views: 77
  • upload_2017-3-22_15-10-54.png
    upload_2017-3-22_15-10-54.png
    572 KB · Views: 84

HMF

Wow, thats very interesting. Will we even get an announcement?

Also an aside, it seems like you've been working overtime on these boards lately. I wanted to make sure you and the other insiders know how much I appreciate it. Very exciting time to be a Disney fan!
I agree that Martin sharing his wisdom with us is appreciated(though it's often not what I want to hear.) However , In my view this is the worst time ever to be a Disney Fan or at least a fan of the Disney that built EPCOT.

CrescentLake

I agree that Martin sharing his wisdom with us is appreciated(though it's often not what I want to hear.) However , In my view this is the worst time ever to be a Disney Fan or at least a fan of the Disney that built EPCOT.

Yeah, so I've heard. Why don't we wait to hear what they're actually announcing before we demonize all of it. I respect your opinion, but short of Rat and Guardians, we don't really know much of what this is going to entail. It seems very fluid.

I am nervous about Epcot too, particularly Illuminations, but let's see.

HMF

Yeah, so I've heard. Why don't we wait to hear what they're actually announcing before we demonize all of it. I respect your opinion, but short of Rat and Guardians, we don't really know much of what this is going to entail. It seems very fluid.

I am nervous about Epcot too, particularly Illuminations, but let's see.
Rat and Guardians should tell you all you need to know about the direction Epcot is headed in.

ToTBellHop

I have actually always loved the M:S aesthetic. Dark and utilitarian with impressive set pieces works for me. And the pavilion is a wonderful concept but the execution is flawed and there is no reason it should have come at the expense of Horizons. The ride visuals have not aged well, either.

Then again, it is inexcusable that they cannot maintain a pavilion looking into the future of human medicine in Future World.

Tiki Queen of Outer Space

It's real hardware, and it lends incredible authenticity to the M:S experience (and the first one made cost $38 million dollars) -- never mind that the JPL provided imagery of Mars to make the video appear more authentic...
It doesn't matter the attraction still looks cheap, it's like Dolly Parton says "It costs a lot of money to look this cheap."

matt9112

I really hate the term "overlay". To me it means destruction of quality Imagineering into something potentially cheap and flimsy.

To me it means reusing the primary components of a previous attraction but changing the theme and or decor and other elements to present a new experience. However inevitably any "overlay" is constrained by technological and physical limitations of the old ride system and or components and thus is arguably handicapped at day one vs a brand new purpose built ride system.

It is important to note that reusing a building shell or structure/pad within reason should not be considered an overlay as this is a logical cost savings measure and although this too provides some limitations (square feet wise) it is not going to dramatically affect what the ride system may or may not be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom