Mission:Space update (confirmed)

Goofyernmost

Far more egregious is Disney's abundant and willful use of dihydrogen monoxide throughout Walt Disney World.
Since I like to play with dangerous stuff, I have massive amounts in use all the time in the bathroom and laundry. I don't know how fish put up with it. The worse thing is the outrageous amount of money that Disney charges just for a small amount of that deadly substance. If you really get deep into it, it can take your breath away.

Bocabear

The stuff you see before the rope is pretty cool when it works. Lot's of stuff to look at it, but not yet at the hands-on level of Test Track or the multiple rooms of Star Tours. The Advanced Training Lab caters to various ages and abilities. No, the whole pavilion isn't at the grander level of The Land or Seas, but it does pretty well for what it is. It's also a pretty good gift shop compared to most.

IMO, the attraction itself is the problem. It's the exact same experience every time, and it's not quick and easy to get on. One can only take so much of Gary Sinise's hair and frozen eyebrows. The Land is a full pavilion, but how popular would it be if Soarin' wasn't there? The Imagination pavilion after ride area is very nice, but it's also underutilized because the Figment attraction itself is not very popular.

It's like the popular and unpopular Churches in any given town. The best preacher fills the seats regardless of everything else, but a mediocre preacher kills it even if the Church has everything else going on (good architecture, good music, friendly congregations). Without a good preacher, the Church is mediocre. With a great preacher, things are popular even if the architecture, the choir and the unfriendly congregation is less than optimal. Similarly, a beautiful pavilion is underwhelming if the main attraction isn't exciting.
It's not the Figment Attraction...it's the whole Nigel Channing Test Lab thing that is not so appealing.. The original attraction was worlds better and really only needed a spruce up and some new tech worked into the sets...
and Mission Space has no pavilion...it is a waiting area, gift shop and ride...they undershot what they were trying to achieve...massively.

Ralphlaw

Guns don't kill people, bullets do. Vacations don't kill people, the lack of vacations do. Beds don't kill people, alarm clocks do. Recliners don't kill people, bad TV shows do. Mission Space doesn't kill people, but I'm surprised that Gary Sinise's hair doesn't take down a CM every now and then.

Okay, this is morbid, and probably disrespectful. With that being said, I doubt that Disney has any plans to put everyone through an echocardiogram before boarding. I am sympathetic to anyone who passes away on vacation, and I would hate for it to happen to anyone I know. A couple years back we got the call that my wife's brother had passed away after years of fighting Lewy Bodies disease. I can still point out the exact bench in Innoventions East that we were sitting in when the news arrived. It's emotional, but as a society we shouldn't be so quick to play the blame game. Passing away with grace, especially for someone who lived a full life, is a virtue, and I would love to have it happen to me after a wonderful bunch of days at Disney. I just hope it will be at least 20 years from now. I also hope that my family would honor me fondly wherever it may happen, not be angry or overly sad. Remember me being happy at Disney. No one wants to waste away in a hospital or nursing home. Launching to the great beyond out of Epcot is about as good as it can get, just as long as the last thing I see isn't Gary Sinise's eyebrows.

HMF

I know. It seems like the focus has shifted to World Showcase now with the Rat attraction going into France. One would hope they are re thinking the Future World updates and makings sure they get it done right and bring it back to its former glory.
One can only hope. Personally I would just do the spine adjustments now and wait for the Bob's to be gone before we get into the real work since just about everything Iger and Chapek touch usually turns to crap.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom