Missing the Mouse at WDW

Cluster10

Original Poster
Hi! Just joined this forum so I apologize if this has previously been discussed.
We just got back 4 days ago from our first trip with our 2 year old twins and had a great time. So great, in fact, we are booking another trip mid November while they are still free! :joyfull: My only issue is there seems to be a lack of focus on Mickey Mouse himself. I never got to experience Toontown but I'm really sad it is no longer. That would have been PERFECT for toddlers! I mean to actually go in Mickey and Minnie's house?! A Clubhouse at HS would be perfect. It seems like Disney needs to remember Walt's words "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."

Kit83

I'm no WDW expert... I'm sure others will answer you soon . I think a character breakfast would be the way to go for you guys, Mickeys diner(Chef Mickeys) would be best . Glad you had a great time, its always more special when you visit with your children magical times .

CaptainAmerica

Toontown was awful. It was the worst example of management forgetting that Disney parks are supposed to be places where parents and kids can have fun together rather than parents watching their kids enjoy kiddie things.

Separately, that's a bit of a misinterpretation of Walt's quote. "It was all started by a mouse" is not a message to remember Mickey and feature him prominently in everything the company does. Rather, it's a reminder that small ideas (Mickey Mouse) can become great things (The Walt Disney Company) if nurtured and cared for.

Cluster10

Original Poster
Toontown was awful. It was the worst example of management forgetting that Disney parks are supposed to be places where parents and kids can have fun together rather than parents watching their kids enjoy kiddie things.

Separately, that's a bit of a misinterpretation of Walt's quote. "It was all started by a mouse" is not a message to remember Mickey and feature him prominently in everything the company does. Rather, it's a reminder that small ideas (Mickey Mouse) can become great things (The Walt Disney Company) if nurtured and cared for.

Watching my kids enjoy "kiddie" things IS fun! Seeing them explore and use their imagination is one of the greatest gifts of my life. They had a blast running around the new hub area in the turf grass at MK. Just wish there was more areas specifically for the little ones rather than getting shuffled from ride to character meets, etc.

CAPTAIN HOOK

There are plenty of opportunities to meet "The Mouse" and probably no better way than a character breakfast at Chef Mickey's as @Kit83 said.

Its not just about Mickey, there are great opportunities to meet characters all across the parks. Search these forums for other character meals and meet and greet locations

LdyApxr

Toontown at DLR has seen much better days and while our kids "liked" it when they were little(6yrs old) for a "break" so they could climb on things, it never held their attention for very long and was more just a place for us to rest while they played for a bit(15-30min) and then back out into the Land. Meeting the characters in their houses was fun but the tiny space that Toontown is, meant a bunch of people crammed in to a small space, all wanting to push to meet the characters. Character meals are much better IMO.

HolleBolleGijs

I have to admit, some of my most vivid WDW memories as a child come from visiting Mickey and Minnie's houses. That being said, I think it can be more exciting for children to meet the characters themselves, which there is ample opportunity to do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom