Missing Journey into Imagination Signage

brb1006

Which is why I do not understand why Disney Junior has never incorporated an idea of using him for shorts or at least a series to at least market the characters to a demographic that would make him much more memorable as much as they have been throwing stuff out left and right with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. They could have a new series "Figment & The Imagineers" in his whimsical world similar to where he lived in his educational films that were done in the late 80's...

And yes I do know of the Cancelled Dreamfinders show as well...
latest

"Figment & The Imagineers" is a Disney Jr show that I would watch in a heartbeat.

Goofyernmost

Just goes to show how the original version was timeless compared to the current version. CD's are so out of date now! They don't remind me of the future at all, only the past.
I still use CD's. They aren't the newest thing out there but they are still quite functional and don't require new technology every other day. They are current yes, but, Imagination was not really about specific future ideas, but, to a large degree how imagination got us the things we currently use with a guess that imagination will bring more and more things that we want to use.

lazyboy97o

Which is why I do not understand why Disney Junior has never incorporated an idea of using him for shorts or at least a series to market the characters to a demographic that would make him much more memorable as much as they have been throwing stuff out left and right with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. They could have a new series "Figment & The Imagineers" in his whimsical world similar to where he lived in his educational films that were done in the late 80's...

And yes I do know of the Cancelled Dreamfinders show as well...
latest

In Disney's hierarchy of mediums, themed entertainment is still well beneath a legitimate medium like television.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I still use CD's. They aren't the newest thing out there but they are still quite functional and don't require new technology every other day. They are current yes, but, Imagination was not really about specific future ideas, but, to a large degree how imagination got us the things we currently use with a guess that imagination will bring more and more things that we want to use.
I still use 'em too :)

Though the cd art is from the old Kodak photo CD burning kiosk. Like most of current Imageworks it's a half removed, half abandoned display from a decade ago.

Goofyernmost

I still use 'em too :)

Though the cd art is from the old Kodak photo CD burning kiosk. Like most of current Imageworks it's a half removed, half abandoned display from a decade ago.
To me a CD is a CD and just as relevant today as back then. Yes, it might have had a different reason back then, but, it still is a CD. Fail to see the problem. The big problem is that Imagination as an exhibit is dead. There is nothing going on in that pavilion that is even a little bit imaginative. The CD is at best a wall decoration in a dead pavilion. Hardly a source of concern to me. That place has a lot bigger fish to fry.

Castle Cake Apologist

To me a CD is a CD and just as relevant today as back then. Yes, it might have had a different reason back then, but, it still is a CD. Fail to see the problem. The big problem is that Imagination as an exhibit is dead. There is nothing going on in that pavilion that is even a little bit imaginative. The CD is at best a wall decoration in a dead pavilion. Hardly a source of concern to me. That place has a lot bigger fish to fry.

I think the point is that a CD hardly screams "Future World." Plus, as others have stated, it's a dying medium. I'm not sure what streaming service you're using that requires new technology every other day lol.

Goofyernmost

I think the point is that a CD hardly screams "Future World." Plus, as others have stated, it's a dying medium. I'm not sure what streaming service you're using that requires new technology every other day lol.
Look at the sucker phone in your pocket. That is bleeding you about twice a year if made by Apple. CD's I have had and use without new required purchases for years now. Of course it will change and become something else but for now it is still in use daily.

Castle Cake Apologist

Look at the sucker phone in your pocket. That is bleeding you about twice a year if made by Apple. CD's I have had and use without new required purchases for years now. Of course it will change and become something else but for now it is still in use daily.

I still don't quite understand what you mean. "Bleeding me about twice a year?"

EDIT: Wait, do you think software updates cost money?

I'd much rather have one little device with millions of songs at my fingertips than have to lug around hundreds of little pieces of plastic to listen to music.

Last edited:

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
all of this talk about CD's...you know what I saw in MouseGear (in Future World) the other day? RECORD ALBUMS!! Talk about old school!

Funny enough, they weren't selling record players to go with them. I didn't know people still used them except for DJ's
Vinyl has made a resurgence because of hipsters mostly. Some people still vehemently believe it sounds the best

wdwfan22

Since they have the new Vacation Club Lounge upstairs, I think it's time to create a new attraction "Journey Into Disney Vacation Club with Figment" This could be Epcot's big new E-Ticket experience. The Image works could be re themed to the sales room.

Prog

Vinyl has made a resurgence because of hipsters mostly. Some people still vehemently believe it sounds the best
To be fair, post-vinyl remasters tend to be hypercompressed , with studios only opting to use competent producers on mediums that have higher quality in theory but are mostly placebo (vinyl and HD digital audio) so that they can charge a premium hipster price.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom