Missed memories. Miss Memories? Nah, mismemories.

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Nah not that one, it was way different! here's a pretty awful artists recreation to get a good idea.
QvssLu6m.png
I think I remember what you are talking about actually, but I am wondering if there wasn't a short lived promotional poster for Alien Encounter OR possibly one for the Alien portion of the Great Movie Ride. But I do remember seeing a scared Mickey Mouse versus an alien...I will research today and see what I can find.

Ralphlaw

Well, they play the sound track from the last Epcot parade, which was called . . . . . I can't remember what it was called. Something like Festival of Parades or something. But it's really cool walkout music!

There were two of them: Tapestry of Nations and Tapestry of Dreams. YouTube them. The basic soundtrack for Tapestry of Dreams is played at the end of the Epcot day, and is fantastic. As a final good night, my family and I often walk around the entire World Showcase before heading back to our room at the Boardwalk. No better way to end the day.

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
There were two of them: Tapestry of Nations and Tapestry of Dreams. YouTube them. The basic soundtrack for Tapestry of Dreams is played at the end of the Epcot day, and is fantastic. As a final good night, my family and I often walk around the entire World Showcase before heading back to our room at the Boardwalk. No better way to end the day.
Wasn't there an older one before the Tapestry of Nations/Dreams?

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
I think I remember what you are talking about actually, but I am wondering if there wasn't a short lived promotional poster for Alien Encounter OR possibly one for the Alien portion of the Great Movie Ride. But I do remember seeing a scared Mickey Mouse versus an alien...I will research today and see what I can find.
Yep. Nope, no luck.

Goofyernmost

My parents had friends that they used to entertain often. I was there one evening when the discussion turned to WDW. Keeping in mind that these folks were the same age as my parents and I was at the height of my Disney obsession years. At some point in the discussion the male friend made the random statement that he was never going to go back to Epcot since they took out his favorite ride. At the time I assumed it was either WoM or Horizons or even the original Imagination ride. He said he couldn't remember the name but it was a big high tower the went up in the air and you could see for miles. Based on his description I knew that he was talking about Sea Worlds Sky Tower.

I, of course, felt obligated to correct him and told him that ride was in Sea World, he immediately got very angry and was even more upset that they would have moved it to SW. I tried, diplomatically to tell him that it had always been in SW and never in Epcot, but, he absolutely refused to accept it. He remembered vividly riding that in Epcot and that I was mistaken. Okay, even an idiot like myself knows when to change the subject. So how about those Red Sox's?

Goofyernmost

Yes, because we all know Disney sells rides to SW and Uni all the time :cautious::hilarious:
That was the other part of the discussion that I didn't tell you about and the main reason why I changed the subject and that was, according to him, the undeniable truth that Disney owned them all, but, didn't include them in a blanket ticket because they wanted to make more money.

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
That was the other part of the discussion that I didn't tell you about and the main reason why I changed the subject and that was, according to him, the undeniable truth that Disney owned them all, but, didn't include them in a blanket ticket because they wanted to make more money.
'Disney Conspiracy Theories': I am sure there is a list somewhere that has them all, but I think that would qualify.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom