Miss the Spinny things?...

brb1006

Wow. Epcot looks like nothing of what the original began as...:( The only ride that incorporated any real vision of the future is no longer in existence
Then there this photo showing the death of Classic Epcot.
mLmsQbg.jpg

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I stand corrected. I was in E.P.C.O.T. the week that it opened, but I didn't remember that water bridge ever being there.
It's just one of those details. It wasn't a bridge you knew about - continuous concrete paving - but the water flowed underneath the walkways in 3 separate places.

You can just make them out here:

Centre left:

IMG_6878.PNG

And bottom left:

IMG_6879.PNG

BigRedDad

My thoughts on Innovations is that it was a HUGE waste of useful space. Yes, it was cool, out of the sun, and the little kids had some random things to do. However, those buildings are huge and could easily create more attractions that everyone could enjoy, not just 15-20% of the people going. Epcot needs more things there to thin out the herds.

Raineman

My thoughts on Innovations is that it was a HUGE waste of useful space. Yes, it was cool, out of the sun, and the little kids had some random things to do. However, those buildings are huge and could easily create more attractions that everyone could enjoy, not just 15-20% of the people going. Epcot needs more things there to thin out the herds.
Innoventions may have been a waste of space, but Communicore was not. Communicore embodied the very ideas that Future World was originally based on. Communicore, to me, was an extremely interactive look into a bright future with a focus on science and technology, but with a broad appeal that anyone could appreciate and enjoy. Obviously, after becoming Innoventions, it became watered down over the years to become the empty shell that it is now. A waste of space? Now, definitely, but in the 80s and early 90s? Anything but.

danyoung56

I dunno - I was always underwhelmed with that original Communicore. It seemed like there was lots of stuff to look at, but with very little substance.

powderehss

Oh yeah those cool kinetic sculptures!
I forgot they had those... They must've gotten rid of those either after my 2008 or 2011 trip.

EPCOT used to be so cool...
Now it's all thrill rides and crap. LIKE CAN'T YOU PUT GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY IN MGM OR SOMETHING FOR CRYING OUT LOUD?! I know its a limited space thing but COME ON! EPCOT's about education and the wonders of learning, not like "yay me zoom me go fast wheeee" like come on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom