Mirrorless goes Medium Format

fractal

Original Poster
http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/first-image-new-hasselblad-system-camera-sony-sensor/

upload_2016-6-21_22-36-34.png

thomas998

Last edited:

NowInc

An interesting price point... but kind of a shame they decided to create a new lens mount for it forcing existing users to use adapters or buy new glass. I will never understand why some camera manufacturers think that is a better approach over Nikon's approach of trying to keep the same mount.

Actually considerably cheaper than their usual rates. I never understood how they could charge as much as they do for their hardware.

thomas998

Actually considerably cheaper than their usual rates. I never understood how they could charge as much as they do for their hardware.
Yes the pricing is very economical compared to others. I would expect the biggest impact might be to force companies like Phase One to rethink what they are charging... It is possible that this camera will become the medium format version of the Sony Nex where it pulled in a lot of user that just used adapters to use their existing camera lenses... Considering the short FF distance on this camera I wouldn't be surprised to see a fast growing adapter market.

fractal

Original Poster
Yes, very competitive price in Medium Format world. I would think this camera will be very popular for studio portrait photographers currently shooting full-frame.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom