Minor missing show effect that bugs you

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
It's a bummer that he left. First time i saw PUSH i was amazed. Then i noticed the shady tourist who lurks in the crowd. Still though, it was pretty fun to see PUSH interact with guests
I totally agree with you, but I think he got too greedy for something that wasn't even a full-time gig. He was only around here and there during the day.

graphite1326

People, some of you are apparently too young to recognize an old joke about how young you are! Although, I usually say I have shoes older than you. It's a joke! Doesn't mean I wear them every day, and it doesn't mean, in this case, that the underwear isn't washed. Sheesh. I did not consider the remark to be mean spirited, as I would not be saying my remark in a mean way. If you are so easily offended I suggest you stay out of discussion forums - or grow a thicker skin.
I'm sorry Mom.

Goofyernmost

People, some of you are apparently too young to recognize an old joke about how young you are! Although, I usually say I have shoes older than you. It's a joke! Doesn't mean I wear them every day, and it doesn't mean, in this case, that the underwear isn't washed. Sheesh. I did not consider the remark to be mean spirited, as I would not be saying my remark in a mean way. If you are so easily offended I suggest you stay out of discussion forums - or grow a thicker skin.
That sad thing is that, although I don't know your age, I know that even though my favorite saying is "I have socks older then you", the fact now is that it is more often then not, true. They will see, they will all see! ;):in pain::D

disneyworlddad

I have been going to WDW for many years, and the only thing that has ever bothered me at all is that TV scene that you are referring too. All the others I look at as only visible to those that have been before and happened to notice something working before and now noticed it wasn't. My way of thinking is that if a new person would not notice something was broken then it is minor. However, with the TV, it is noticeable to absolutely everyone new or old. There's a family all staring at a black screen intently. From what we have been told they were waiting for a part, but, there were so many simple things that they could have done to "fill in" while they waited. That is the first real example of "really bad show" that I have seen in years.

This was fixed when I was there this weekend.

JohnD

Not sure if this is the thread so many people talked about Nemo effects in but the angler fish was working while i was there this weekend. Chum was also working but severely turned now. It was hard to even notice him moving.

Just thinking about the premise of this ride. In the movie, Nemo disobeys his father, swims out into the open, gets captured by a scuba diver, forcing his father to face all sorts of dangers and swim half-away around the world to Australia to rescue him. So this punk kid fish thinks he would have some fun by pulling a practical joke on his Dad by disappearing again.

MickeyLuv'r

Ones I notice:
1. I miss the giant tomato plant.
2. I don't know if this counts as minor, but I miss the smoke rings on Pooh when they aren't working. Oh, and it is high time to fix/replace the honey strings at the endof that room.
3. The burning cabin on Tom Sawyer Island.

disneyworlddad

Ones I notice:
1. I miss the giant tomato plant.
2. I don't know if this counts as minor, but I miss the smoke rings on Pooh when they aren't working. Oh, and it is high time to fix/replace the honey strings at the endof that room.
3. The burning cabin on Tom Sawyer Island.

Yea I miss the smoke rings on Pooh too! Last two times I rode, first time not on at all and the other time it was on but wasn't doing a great job.

mccgavin

I believe since Midway Mania got the third track in Florida the music during the Dino Darts scene has been incorrect. For some reason it has reverted to the original Bo Peep Darts song. The song remains correct in the DCA and DisneySea versions. I'm surprised nobody has noticed this since it seems like it would be a very simple fix.

kelknight84

Yea I miss the smoke rings on Pooh too! Last two times I rode, first time not on at all and the other time it was on but wasn't doing a great job.
Last time we rode it in October there was not a single effect that worked. It was like someone flipped a switch. Not a single AA moved, no bouncing tigger, no disappearing pooh, no smoke ring, not even the water ripples in the rain. I mentioned it to the CM when I got off that every single effect was off and she just looked stunned like I was lying. Just said ok...

Oddysey

The Jolly Rodger just prior to the drop on PoC, and no, the Jolly Rodger that was more recently installed and only serves as a device to blind you does not beat the original IMO.

The lighting and burning field scene behind the Buffalo on LWTL.

The lack of skunk smell in Imagination with Figment (JK).

Last edited:

Corgi

Whenever I go on Star Tours, there always seems to be something wrong with it. Last time, the C-3PO in the queue wasn’t working. He stood there, unlit and lifeless. To be honest, it was a little creepy.

Disneyrailfan1996

Not really something that bugs me but the spotlights that used to shine on the logos in Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress. now they've been replaced by a single light that just changes color that sits in the center and just aims upward. The spotlights are still there, but they've been disused for some time now, and I think that the spotlights really add mood to the show whereas the single light really just is not programmed or timed to the show other than slowing down in load when the curtain is opening and stays that way until it fully closes. For reference:
Compare the beginning and end of this 2012 POV:
to the beginning and end of this 2013 POV:

That said, there's also something about the vacuum in act 2 not working that drives me nuts. It was like that for 2 or 3 weeks sometime last year. Luckily, there aren't very many minor effects that go missing (or at least often) with the show due to the way it is designed!

FettFan

Just thinking about the premise of this ride. In the movie, Nemo disobeys his father, swims out into the open, gets captured by a scuba diver, forcing his father to face all sorts of dangers and swim half-away around the world to Australia to rescue him. So this punk kid fish thinks he would have some fun by pulling a practical joke on his Dad by disappearing again.

Wow. Epcot Nemo is a real jerkwad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom