1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Minor missing show effect that bugs you

Discussion in 'WDW Parks General Discussion' started by Retroman40, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Chet Dakota

Chet Dakota Member

Every time I ride, I look for this, hoping it will come back.

TongaXtine and Alice a like this.
  2. GVentola

GVentola Well-Known Member

There are at least 3 other people besides me who want the Roman Chariot projection back. So what department did you write to get the Welsh dolls back? I've often written to Disney Guest Relations to compliment great cast members, but I don't think that would be the right department. And did you snail mail, e-mail, or phone them?

Marijil and AndyS2992 like this.
  3. AndyS2992

AndyS2992 Well-Known Member

I emailed them using the usual guest relations email and got a generic apology back however a few hours later I got a phone call from a female CM who apologised again and then passed me on to a man and we briefly discussed the issue of the missing dolls (only an issue as my mother is Welsh and they have been missing during our last two trips leaving her disappointed so I thought I'd bring it up). He never said they were going to fix it straight away or anything but they did, so I can't complain. :) Found out about them being put back in shortly after due to a member on here contacting me about it.

Figments Friend and GVentola like this.
  4. Marijil

Marijil Well-Known Member

Tough to be a bug a week ago. No hopper just his voice

5. graphite1326

graphite1326 Well-Known Member

For me, and it's not really an effect, it's the paperboy facing the wrong way on SE. It just doesn't look right.

6. HMF

HMF Well-Known Member

Yeah, the paperboy has always had issues. In the 82 and 86 versions his voice was too high-pitched, In the 94 version his voice was too low-pitched. since 2007 they have him facing the wrong way because A. Show Producer Bob Zalk found him annoying and B. He was supposedly close enough to the Omnimovers that guests could touch him which I really don't buy. If they really consider him that annoying why not design a new vignette for that area? I pose the same question to WDI for the censored statue in the renaissance scene.

7. CaptainAmerica

CaptainAmerica Well-Known Member

Okay maybe someone can answer this because it drives me insane every time. Is the hippo on Small World SUPPOSED to be winking, or is his one eye stuck?

Alice a, maroonmol and disneygeek90 like this.
  8. MMDisneyPodcaster

MMDisneyPodcaster New Member

Remember a few years ago when Disney turned of the burning smell in the "fall of Rome" scene on Space Ship Earth. That was as minor effect that you would think wouldn't be a big deal but going through it and not having that smell just threw the whole thing off. I remember people made t-shirt that said " Burning Rome Y U NO SMELL?

9. Chef Mickey

Chef Mickey Well-Known Member

The fiber optics during the welding scene of the American Adventure. I've seen the show with the sound working fine and no "sparks" are flying as she is welding the ship.

Same show, I've also seen Mr. Brady snap the family's picture with no smoke coming from the camera.

Very unsatisfying!

RobotWolf, GVentola and Sonconato like this.
  10. Grimley1968

Grimley1968 Well-Known Member

It's not a missing effect, but one thing that's bothered me for a few years now is Daddy Progress' extra long neck in at least a couple scenes in Carousel of Progress. This ride needs a lot of other TLC, but making his neck a normal length quickly would be a major plus.

11. Sonconato

Sonconato Well-Known Member

In the Festival of the Lion King, two jets of fire used to surge from the floor when the hyena (the fire performer) spun the fire baton. One day, they didn't go off, and they never came back.

12. peter11435

peter11435 Well-Known Member

Yeah. These disappeared years ago back when the show was in CMM. They returned when the show moved to Africa but now have been removed again. Very sad.

Sonconato likes this.
  13. disneygeek90

disneygeek90 Well-Known Member

That worked at one point? It's always bothered me for looking outdated as all get-out. Still don't know why we can't just get an old broken MacBook and set it on there. At least it would look more modern.

14. disneygeek90

Happened to me a month or two ago as well. However, my dad rode it about 10 days ago and he confirmed it was working again. Apparently they are having issues with him.

15. larryz

larryz Well-Known Member

Because they want to show a REAL computer...

16. disneygeek90

:rolleyes: You get my point.

17. Chef Mickey

Chef Mickey Well-Known Member

Like a Windows computer that would probably be a blue screen in its 3rd show?

18. graphite1326

graphite1326 Well-Known Member

just great. I hadn't noticed but now I will. LOL

19. LeighM

LeighM Well-Known Member

I was going to say the same thing:) The only effect I've ever noticed not working was the seat rollers. I kept waiting for it and it never came.

maroonmol and ajrwdwgirl like this.
  20. disneygeek90

I would also love to know this.

Tom Morrow likes this.