Minnie's Holiday Dine... food any good?

Kikibear

Original Poster
I have a reservation for 8 (with the "free" dining plan, /whew), and am wondering if this is any good. I know the kids will love the characters, but I've got one with tree nut/shellfish allergies, 3 fairly picky eaters, and the 2 of us "foodies."

Anyone have recent experience with this buffet?

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Sorry to dissappoint you, but its nickname still remains Hollywood and Vile. They got lots of bland foods that your picky children will eat (nuggets and mac and cheese) but dont get your hopes up for an epicurean miracle

21stamps

I frantically tried to get a reservation there for 2 months, without success. It's extremely popular, and one of the very few restaurants that was not available the day before or day of. I wouldn't cancel it! In fact, I'm extremely envious that you were able to get it!

LeighM

I was there for the Halloween seasonal dine last month and the food was actually very good. I was pleasantly surprised :)

minniemickeyfan

I have a reservation for 8 (with the "free" dining plan, /whew), and am wondering if this is any good. I know the kids will love the characters, but I've got one with tree nut/shellfish allergies, 3 fairly picky eaters, and the 2 of us "foodies."

Anyone have recent experience with this buffet?
I was there in September and found it fairly good in my opinion. One thing I really like is for every sign for each food item has a symbol for each type of food allergy. I too have a fish/shellfish allergy and found this extremely helpful versus the chef just showing you around. I wish all Disney buffets would do this!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Food recommendations need to be clarified as to whether they ate at lunch or dinner, which have separate menus. And then, for dinner, which season, since the dinner menu changes.

I ate two years ago at the Holiday dinner (i.e., 'Christmas'). My friend and I really enjoyed the food. It was very Christmasy with turkey and cranberry recipes. The desserts were delicious. There's a sizable buffet to satisfy everyone.

Kate Alan

I've done both the Christmas and Halloween seasonal dinners and both were very good. My understanding is that they upped the quality of their menus from what it was in the past. Definitely nowhere near the "vile" food that used to be served there.

tonganprince

We have reservations on 12/26. I was worried, but most of the responses helped.

Last time we ate there is was ok. Certainly not worth the money.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom