Mini trip report!

We just got home last night...it was a good time had by all, of course! Except, last night on the plane ride home about mid-flight I started getting stuffed up and by the time we got home I crashed on the couch and officially now have a cold...blah.

Anyway, we had a super fun time. Got up early every day and stayed out late every night. (Probably another reason for the cold)

We ate at Sci-Fi the first night, Japan the second and Germany the last night. Sci-Fi was ok...we've noticed the past couple times the service has been lacking. Last time we were there we walked out because we sat there for 15 min and no one came by to even get a drink order....this time we waited about 10 min and the food took approx. 40 min. Japan was awesome...super super good food and service!! They made a big deal about my sister in laws 30th birthday, we have some SUPER pics of her being embarrassed. Germany was blah...we ate there twice last time because it was so wonderful, this time we were a bit disappointed. My sister in law taught in Germany so we were all excited to have a German waiter and celebrate her birthday...but our waiter was from the US and we didnt get any birthday wishes. He didnt even come by to take our dirty plates, we had a huge stack going in the middle of the table...grr.

We rode SSE three times...the first time was around 1 or so on Sat, then the second around 3pm and we noticed that someone had tore the hand off of the Egyptian dude. We were going to go back and take a pic of it, but they had shut it down. We did it again Sun. afternoon and noticed a replacement hand was put on the dude.

We had the normal gripes about the bus service...it was about 45 degrees on Sunday night and we got in a bus and they had the air conditioning on. We asked if it could be shut off and were told that it was against the law to turn off the air??!!? Another gripe was about how long it took to put wheelchairs on the buses...im sorry, but there should be a special bus just for wheelchairs and scooters.

MVMCP was great. It didnt seem all that busy Sunday night...maybe it was because it was so cold.

All in all it was tons of fun and my brother and sister in law had a blast...they had'nt been there since like '85 so it was alllllll new to them. They were just in awe!!

CAPTAIN HOOK

Another gripe was about how long it took to put wheelchairs on the buses...im sorry, but there should be a special bus just for wheelchairs and scooters.

Glad you enjoyed your trip - be prepared to take some flack for posting comments like that. Everyones entitled to use Disney transport, if you're delayed because people with mobility needs slow you down then that's how it goes

mitchk

Glad you enjoyed your trip - be prepared to take some flack for posting comments like that. Everyones entitled to use Disney transport, if you're delayed because people with mobility needs slow you down then that's how it goes

Very true. I feel extremely bad for disabled people who can't walk on their own, and need a wheelchair. I will say one thing though, it really burns me up when I see people who are just plain fat, and choose to use a wheelchair so they don't have to walk. I'll be waiting for them to get loaded on to the buses, and then I'll watch them get right up out of there little power chair, and have a seat next to it. I understand some people can't control their weight, but give me a break, save the room for the truly disabled :hammer:

EDIT: I don't mean to offend anyone with my post, if I did, I'm sorry

DisneyMarg

Very true. I feel extremely bad for disabled people who can't walk on their own, and need a wheelchair. I will say one thing though, it really burns me up when I see people who are just plain fat, and choose to use a wheelchair so they don't have to walk. I'll be waiting for them to get loaded on to the buses, and then I'll watch them get right up out of there little power chair, and have a seat next to it. I understand some people can't control their weight, but give me a break, save the room for the truly disabled :hammer:

EDIT: I don't mean to offend anyone with my post, if I did, I'm sorry

It might help if you keep these things in mind...

1) It's hard to tell which came first, the inability to walk or the weight gain. Sometimes people suffer from a medical condition Which makes it very difficult to walk and then due to the immobility (plus medications plus depression etc etc) they gain an excessive amount of weight in a short time. You just can't tell by looking whether they can't walk due to the weight or have gained weight as a side effect of medical problems.

2) You also can't tell by looking whether a person is losing or gaining. It is possible that the person you are seeing in a power chair has lost enough weight to finally be able to get out in public and enjoy life - and, if you were to see them a year from now, might just be able to walk on their own around the parks. You would certainly want to be encouraging of that person. And, again, you just can't tell by looking.

chinitopoop

i agree with having a seperate bus for people in wheelchairs/scooters and their families, cuz as someone who has travelled to disney with people in wheelchairs i have had the pleasure of seeing the angry and impatient faces glaring back at us from the people standing in line plennty of times, and honestly it is just frustrating for all of us, the people IN the wheelchairs feel guilty and almost embarrased of holding up the line and the people standing in line just want to get to their destination already... having a seperate bus for people using wheelchairs and theyre families sounds like a great idea in my book, especially at nights when the parks close, by then EVERYONE is usually so tired that they just want to go back to the hotel as quick possible, they dont want to wait another 10 min in line for a bus so someone in a wheelchair can load up, they just want to get back already... although if they FINALLY extend the monorail, we wouldnt have those problems, with all the money disneyworld takes in, they reallly shouldnt make anymore excuses and just do it already! atleast connect all four parks somehow, i'm sure imagineering can figure out a cost effective way to do away with all the busses once and for all and connect the whole resort already

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
WDW may bring in a lot of money every year, but they also spend a lot of it. There will likely never be enough 'extra' money around to cover the extremely high costs that would be associated with running a dedicated wheelchair-accessible transportation system that mirrored or surpassed the current very efficient system in place throughout the property. Disney has a lot higher priorities for their budgeting than over-the-top expense to placate some tired park-goers who don't want their time 'wasted' by the inconvenience of meeting the requirements of law.

And more monorail just connecting the parks would be prohibitively more expensive and would do absolutely nothing to alleviate the wait times at park close that are seemingly somewhat longer as a result of wheelchair loading.

Life is great, if you're not disabled, be grateful and get on with yours.

JShkNBak

Original Poster
Disney has a lot higher priorities for their budgeting than over-the-top expense to placate some tired park-goers who don't want their time 'wasted' by the inconvenience of meeting the requirements of law.

All ive gotta say to that is my 'wasted' time is their 'wasted' dollar...every second im standing in that line waiting to get on that bus, Disney is losing out on me spending my money...with that said, theres the extra money to support the disabled having their own buses. By the disabled having their own buses it wouldnt be denying them of Disney transportation, it would be accommodating them. Maybe theres a bus out there that has a ramp on the back and it would be easier to load, maybe Disney could put their bus stops at the front of the drop offs...theres endless benefits to all parties involved...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom