Mine train cars have started run throughs

CTXRover

Original Poster
While at MK today, October 25th, we saw the train cars make a run under their own power. I only saw it happen twice and from the bridge near BOG, but it's looking good.

I did take a quick video with my phone as I saw the second one come up the inside of the big lift. My apologies for the quality and that it was taken in the phone/ up and down direction. I waited a while to get a better video from the peek through windows but didn't happen again.

I hope this YouTube link works:

Good sign that they are already starting run throughs.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
While at MK today, October 25th, we saw the train cars make a run under their own power. I only saw it happen twice and from the bridge near BOG, but it's looking good.

I did take a quick video with my phone as I saw the second one come up the inside of the big lift. My apologies for the quality and that it was taken in the phone/ up and down direction. I waited a while to get a better video from the peek through windows but didn't happen again.

I hope this YouTube link works:

Good sign that they are already starting run throughs.

Thanks for the video! Great to see even in low quality. Looks like we can put to rest the speculation that the swinging effect had been eliminated. I am getting more optimistic that this will open very early next year.

Scuttle

Thanks for the video! Great to see even in low quality. Looks like we can put to rest the speculation that the swinging effect had been eliminated. I am getting more optimistic that this will open very early next year.
How long before everest opened did the trains start running?

Scuttle

Based on the new posts here at WDWMagic this is the Everest timeline:

7/23/05 - Pull tests underway
8/13/05 - Article on this date mentions testing that might be powered testing, but I am not sure
1/7/06 - First rides by cast members
2/2/06 - Soft opening
4/9/06 - Grand opening

Well based on that I could see this open in February possibly.

Hard to compare a super headliner to the 7DMT though. Thanks Dan

msteel

Told ya this was coming shortly! Façade work is mostly what is left to be done.. T&A with heartbeat is planned for December.

Any idea if they have ever done early tests/soft openings with controlled guest groups like Y.E.S. classes?

CTXRover

Original Poster
Is it that hard for people to turn their phone the proper direction for recording a video?
No, but as I said and offered a pre-emeptive apology, it happened quickly and I just hit record as the train came up the top. I waited probably 20 minutes to get another better shot, but didn't see it happen again. I'm sure a better video will come soon from someone. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom