mine ride for BIG PEOPLE..

bjlc57

Original Poster
Well kids I just got back and have good news and bad news , for me.. on our second day of our trip this was our first stop.. and guess what.. I rode the mine ride.. However I was squeeshed.. I mentioned to the little girl ( at my age they are all little girls.) .. that I had tried to ride the day the mine opened.. and she promptly let us ride again.. and THATS WHEN I HURT MY KNEE.. It couldn't take the togetherness of my big legs and other vital parts.. and it got worst as the week went on .. the last two days I had to ride a scooter just to make out the day. I guess that a couple of days of being home and not walking 9 to 12 miles a day will make it better.. but be careful on this ride big guys.. I won't ever ride this ride again.. but at least I did it twice in one day.. twice in 10 minutes.. and the ride itsself is GREAT..

alissafalco

Well kids I just got back and have good news and bad news , for me.. on our second day of our trip this was our first stop.. and guess what.. I rode the mine ride.. However I was squeeshed.. I mentioned to the little girl ( at my age they are all little girls.) .. that I had tried to ride the day the mine opened.. and she promptly let us ride again.. and THATS WHEN I HURT MY KNEE.. It couldn't take the togetherness of my big legs and other vital parts.. and it got worst as the week went on .. the last two days I had to ride a scooter just to make out the day. I guess that a couple of days of being home and not walking 9 to 12 miles a day will make it better.. but be careful on this ride big guys.. I won't ever ride this ride again.. but at least I did it twice in one day.. twice in 10 minutes.. and the ride itsself is GREAT..
:eek::eek::eek:

Princess Kaylee

Oh NO!! Now I'm worried my daughter really wants to try this ride and she doesn't really ride any rides. However I'm large 5'5" and about 240 it it a height thing with legs being too high or a "large person" thing with stomach being the problem. I carry my weight in my stomach area.

I agree with the other poster a ride vehicle as a "photo op" and a warning about the ride vehicle not accommodating all body sizes would save people embarrassment and wasted time standing in line.

You'll fit fine. A member of our family is about the same weight and she had no issues getting on that ride or any ride. She also holds it all in her belly. Don't worry!

bjlc57

Original Poster
the truth be told..not always but after a hard day of walking.. my knee hurts where i injured it back on this ride.. not every day and not even every week.. but once a month.. once every two months.. and its the same hurt in the same area... I doubt that at age 60 that it will ever be the same..

Venezia

Wow. Sorry to hear about that! I'm glad they did what they could to make it right by giving you extra passes for other rides, but I know that doesn't take away from waiting all that time just to have your wife ride alone.

If you don't mind me asking, do you think my husband would have the same issue? He's 5 ft 11 and weighs 220 pounds (mostly muscle, as he does heavy weight lifting).
My hubby is 6' and weighs slightly less than yours and has no problem riding. Your hubby will be fine.

Venezia

well Kids, I just got back about an hour ago , 10 days at WDW.. On Sunday, we ran to the mine ride when the park opened.. we were about 30th in line.. my wife in a scooter and me, a big MOOSE.. so an hour and 10 minutes later, they open the ride.. we get right down there.. and my wife gets in and there is no problem.. HOWEVER, I can't close the bar.. I am too big for the split bar to fit over my knees.. So my wife rode alone.. I asked to ride as a single.. and have one leg under one bar and the other.. and it works.. the bars lock, I am in.. BUT.. .the powers that be.. won't let me ride.. they say you can't straddle the bars.. so.. Larger people.. and I was told by some WHITE SHIRT, that, Yes, we know there is a problem.. and NO, you still cant ride..they made it right by me.. I got a few immediate ride passes to any ride.. but that doesn't make up for the fact that right now, BIG GUYS like me, or maybe you, cannot ride this ride.. this and one poor meal were the only downfalls of TEN GLORIOUS DAYS seeing the mouse..
I'm really sorry for wasting valuable park time just to be told no. I think Disney needs to have a discreet area within the park where they have a sample of every attraction seating where anyone can go and try it out for size. It would save the guest so much time and make park planning a breeze. Write Guest Services and make the suggestion. This is not a problem exclusive to you, so please don't think so. Keep in mind there are also people who are too tall for some of the attractions too.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
maybe not a cookie cutter, but that have to make a distinction somewhere... whether it is height restriction of 6'3", or whatever ails you... coasters cannot be made to fit everyone.

The truth behind this is just sadly... Well.. Truthful.

I'm not meaning to sound like a "fat shamer," even though I totally will come across that way. I know that there are lots of people with medical issues who can't change their weight... But there are a SOOO many more large people who CAN change their weight if they eat right and work out. The amount of electric scooters + fat people at Disney during my last trip was really REALLY sad. There was actually a LINE for handicap people sometimes. ALL the spaces at Fantasmic were filled with numbers and numbers of fat people who just didn't want to get up out of their scooters... And it's really sad for those who ACTUALLY have medical problems regarding weight/physical conditions.

Not attacking the OP at ALL. I'm just saying. At EPCOT, we LITERALLY saw an electric scooter GROUP of 4 fat people in about their mid 40s-ish.

Seriously. The stereotypical fat American tourist on electric scooters on film and TV shows exist for a reason. They're TRUE. And it's sad. So when fat people (WITH NO SERIOUS MEDICAL CONDITION) complain about not being able to ride things like Avatar, Harry Potter, or any ride that can be affected by weight due to their vehicles... Literally.. you wanna ride it? Get control of your life. Start a diet.

Sorry to all whom I have offended. But hey, I'm in college. I have a roommate named Justin. He weighed over 240 pounds when I first met him last year. I took him to Carowinds a while back (nothing but roller coasters) and he couldn't ride ANYthing but the drop tower due to his weight. He got tired of being called the "fat kid" so he started a diet and started working out... He weighs 185 pounds now and he's looking so much better than he originally did! So if you're fat and you're upset that you can't ride rides, either make a change or move on.

Sorry. I know I offended many. But somebody's gotta say the hard mean truth of it all. America runs on McDonald's. Woo.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Lets keep feeding it so one day it will grow to be big and strong. Theres no way Disney can build a ride seat that will fit every human. If you look around on the internet full grown adults range from 1 foot 10 inches to 8 foot 11 inches in height and from 4.7 to 1,400lbs. The best you can do is look for some happy mean range.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom