mine ride for BIG PEOPLE..

Mr Anderson

I rode this for the first time tonight, and I was nervous based on reading these reports. I am a large guy (3XB/46w), and I had absolutely no trouble with the restraints. However, I think leg length will greatly impact the comfort level. My legs are short--appx. 28" inseam--and I certainly think that helped with the fit. Being large and tall might have made this an extraordinarily tight fit. Also, if you carry weight around your knees or lower thighs, this would likely be problematic as that is the key area that the restraint must fit over, but it would likely not pose a problem to those who carry weight in the chest/gut/upper thigh.
I am somewhat tall at 6'2" and most of that is in my chicken legs. I have banged up my knees several times on rides due to them being smashed up against the seat in front of me. On our trip it was so bad on ExEv due to a sudden stop at the end, that I had a bit of a limp the rest of the day and part of the next. Might need to bring knee cushions for 7DMT...

Marco226

I was able to ride 7DMT last night. I took my tape measure and measured the space between the u-bar, and like Rodan75 said, it is only 14 inches wide. I hope this helps!

bjlc57

Original Poster
i fit in every airline seat that i have ever sat in.. but I have 35 to 36 inch legs and most of it is thigh. I cannot sit in the back seat of almost any car.. and almost always have to drive.. its the only way to get my legs long enough for my knees not to hurt. and its not a hurt from weight.. but from angle. and being big.. trust me on my body , every thing is big, and I am going to leave it at that.. I cannot put my knees together.. but, I would bet that if it was just one click , the day I rode the ride I would have been okay.. as for airlines.. WE RODE SUN COUNTRY to and from Disney.. no more needs to be said about that..

merry68

I'm sure my DH won't fit. He's 6'8" and 220lbs, his pants are 34x38". So he's not fat, he's all skinny legs and extra tall.

I guess Disney doesn't have a set of seats outside the ride like Uni FJ has?

ej2557

I'm sure my DH won't fit. He's 6'8" and 220lbs, his pants are 34x38". So he's not fat, he's all skinny legs and extra tall.

I guess Disney doesn't have a set of seats outside the ride like Uni FJ has?
I saw a picture with a couple of Orlando Magic players on it. I think one of them was Tobias Harris who is listed as 6'9" and 230 lbs so your husband has a chance of fitting.

PhotoDave219

I mean that is obvious... but imagineers themselves refer to this as a "family" ride and small children can't ride without an adult. So it should be able to fit an average size adult like @EvilQueen-T as well as children.
Not everyone or larger guest. But an average adult.

Which is does. Average guests can fit.

If NBA players - above average humans - can fit, then there isn't an issue at all with the ride.

The ride shouldn't conform to the guest'a needs.

PrincessNelly_NJ

Which is does. Average guests can fit.

If NBA players - above average humans - can fit, then there isn't an issue at all with the ride.

The ride shouldn't conform to the guest'a needs.
I understand that.
If you see what @EvilQueen-T posted about how it was tight for her. She isnt a big person at all.
Someone replied to her, that it wasn't disneys problem it she didn't fit, the ride wasn't made to fit average guest.
To which I replied, if it wasn't made for average guest, who was it made for.
To which you replied, children.
And now you are saying it does fit average guest.
Which was what I was trying to say all along. It should fit an average guest.

PhotoDave219

I understand that.
If you see what @EvilQueen-T posted about how it was tight for her. She isnt a big person at all.
Someone replied to her, that it wasn't disneys problem it she didn't fit, the ride wasn't made to fit average guest.
To which I replied, if it wasn't made for average guest, who was it made for.
To which you replied, children.
And now you are saying it does fit average guest.
Which was what I was trying to say all along. It should fit an average guest.

Exactly.

Why are people crying about this?

Mr Anderson

I thought that I spooned enough sarcasm into that post. I even used the little smiley thing.

Oh well.
I believe I have found a graphical interpretation of what happened here with your, what I thought anyways, obviously sarcastic post. :D :hilarious: :D
woosh-9708.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom