Mine Ride Construction Update

Betsyboo

I think it looks great and can't wait to ride it but why on earth could they have not picked some really excited park goers to be the first to ride? Actors? Really? I'm sure visitors could have been directed to do what they were looking for.

landauh

I think it looks great and can't wait to ride it but why on earth could they have not picked some really excited park goers to be the first to ride? Actors? Really? I'm sure visitors could have been directed to do what they were looking for.
Two reasons: unions and insurance.

arko

Having actors means control, you can decide exactly what mix of people will be filmed, what they are wearing etc. Plus they work to your schedule, and won't leave halfway through your shoot to go to their ADR.
Also they have already signed some type of work agreement ahead of time, so there is no need to waste time having people agree to and sign paperwork like waivers etc.

Betsyboo

Having actors means control, you can decide exactly what mix of people will be filmed, what they are wearing etc. Plus they work to your schedule, and won't leave halfway through your shoot to go to their ADR.
Also they have already signed some type of work agreement ahead of time, so there is no need to waste time having people agree to and sign paperwork like waivers etc.
Point taken.

BlackCauldron

What happened to the swinging cars? I only noticed a bit of a swing in a few clips, and it was subtle at best. If I wasn't looking specifically for that one feature, I would have missed it. Perhaps I was expecting more movement out of these "swinging" cars (something more along the lines of the test video on the back of the truck where there is ALOT of swinging). Did they decide halfway through this to tone it down? If that's the case - then what's the point, and what's all the fuss?

cba

Not really related to the opening/soft opening of SDMT but I was reading an arrive on CNN about the best new coasters of 2014, and SDMT was on it. I understand that there will always be a missprint here and there, but I was a bit annoyed when I saw this:
image.jpg
In case you didn't see it said that it was in Adventureland, not FL, and actually the article's name was "The most insane U.S. roller coasters". I mean, SDMT is cool and all but from what Disney has said it's gonna be more exciting then the Barnstormer but less thrilling than Big Thunder Mountain...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom