Mine Ride Construction Update

The Duck

Ok... I've seen the term E-ticket being used to reference rides all over the place, and I know this sounds silly but I can't figure out what that means lol. Anyone willing to exlain? :confused:

Not trying to change the subject, just figured I'd be more likely to get a clear answer where I can easily point to the context of the term. Thanks!
Here's an E Ticket from 1976. WDW Ticket.jpg

cw1982

I wonder how many people actually think of those as e-tickets still.

I never would have... I wasn't even thought of in 1976 ;)

To me, "e-ticket" usually means "electronic ticket"... lol. I wonder if I'm the only person under 35 around here who was wondering where that term came from in terms of WDW and current rides.

hockeyfran

Are the walls still up around the que area? I think once those come down we will start to see Soft Openings.

Anyone have update pictures from today?

djkidkaz

Are the walls still up around the que area? I think once those come down we will start to see Soft Openings.

Anyone have update pictures from today?

I really wanted to go over there today but I know this week is going to be a MAD HOUSE in the parks and I just can't bare to bring myself to do it. Someone always posts to twitter first thing in the morning when walls are removed or if there are cast members standing outside the area and its already noon so I assume it looks the same today.

CrescentLake

I never would have... I wasn't even thought of in 1976 ;)

To me, "e-ticket" usually means "electronic ticket"... lol. I wonder if I'm the only person under 35 around here who was wondering where that term came from in terms of WDW and current rides.

Well I'm 21...I understand the confusion though!

CrescentLake

I really wanted to go over there today but I know this week is going to be a MAD HOUSE in the parks and I just can't bare to bring myself to do it. Someone always posts to twitter first thing in the morning when walls are removed or if there are cast members standing outside the area and its already noon so I assume it looks the same today.

Going to be in the World this week starting on Wednesday, I will be stalking the thing for soft openings so I'll keep you posted.

Thumper14

Going to be in the World this week starting on Wednesday, I will be stalking the thing for soft openings so I'll keep you posted.
I plan be in MK late on April 27, then all day April 30 and May 1. How do the soft openings normally work? And what are Media events like? Should I alter my plans?

We are just a few days way from the Magic!  

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I plan be in MK late on April 27, then all day April 30 and May 1. How do the soft openings normally work? And what are Media events like? Should I alter my plans?

We are just a few days way from the Magic!  
Soft openings tend to occur in clusters of a couple of hours. It opens for a few hours, then closes. It tends to be kinda random, and it is very easy to miss.

Media events will generally close the entire area, with no guest access.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom