Mine Ride Construction Update

Soarin' Over Pgh

Thanks for the new set of photo's Steve. 2+ years removed from our last WDW visit, and I am getting quite homesick. Looking forward to October.

As much as I like to growl at Disney for their shortcomings, I'm quickly approaching that one-year mark since I was there last and honestly, the thought makes me rather ill. I understand the "homesick" ... even the critical folks get it too sometimes.

Cesar R M

It sounded like the soundtrack from a 70's o film. Not that I would know about such things...
o2z6Pa1.jpg

Filmed by me yesterday March 29th, 2014. Testing with weights :)

much appreciated man!
Fixed that for thee...and ye are both correct, in a way.

And, while on the subject of singular and plural, does it bother anybody else to hear "mantenganse alejado" instead of "mantengase alejado" or mantenganse alejados"?

It honestly depends on the country.
I've seen many centro-americans (mid americazone) cutting some S's like "Mantenganse alejados" to "Mantengase alejado"

I see the safety railings have been removed from the mountain too!! Yeah- getting closer to opening!
outwork is finished then? only internal stuff to finish?

RandySavage

How's this area looking at night? When I was there last May half of it was still walled off and what remained was rather dark.
Was there a week ago and waxed poetic in another thread about how good the NFL area looks in person... especially at night when it empties out. Feels like France meets Canada in World Showcase in many ways. Photos don't do the area justice, particularly the mine hillock which can't be photographed in its entirety. Sensational placemaking.

One thing about the area at night: the space directly below/beneath the main drop portion of the coaster track appeared to be completely open to a brightly lit service basement below. It's pretty jarring (at night) to an otherwise awesome setting, and I hope the basement lights may be turned off unless in use:

The right side of this pic sort of shows what I mean.
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2828/12648060745_888d87332c_k.jpg

orky8

Was there a week ago and waxed poetic in another thread about how good the NFL area looks in person... especially at night when it empties out. Feels like France meets Canada in World Showcase in many ways. Photos don't do the area justice, particularly the mine hillock which can't be photographed in its entirety. Sensational placemaking.

One thing about the area at night: the space directly below/beneath the main drop portion of the coaster track appeared to be completely open to a brightly lit service basement below. It's pretty jarring (at night) to an otherwise awesome setting, and I hope the basement lights may be turned off unless in use:

The right side of this pic sort of shows what I mean.
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2828/12648060745_888d87332c_k.jpg
Those are work lights. In fact, I believe a lot of the lights along the track are work lights and won't be on come show time.

Rob562

Interesting. I wonder what is going on with the railing on the big drop. It looks like they are moving it a couple inches away from the train. Wonder if they decided it was too close or something...

Looks more like they're replacing it. I wonder if they found that the mist from the waterfall was keeping it constantly wet and that it'd be a problem for whatever its original material was (wood, presumably). If so, they're probably replacing the railings with a composite material.

-Rob

orky8

Looks more like they're replacing it. I wonder if they found that the mist from the waterfall was keeping it constantly wet and that it'd be a problem for whatever its original material was (wood, presumably). If so, they're probably replacing the railings with a composite material.

-Rob

I don't pretend to know exactly what they are doing, but if you look at this old picture (with the bridge mostly complete), you can the the supports are about 6-10 inches away from the edge closest to the waterfall:

DSC08067.jpg

But, in the most recent photos, it looks like they are latching onto the base of the old supports, and the new supports are flush against the edge closest to the waterfall, as shown in attached.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    174.9 KB · Views: 230

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I don't pretend to know exactly what they are doing, but if you look at this old picture (with the bridge mostly complete), you can the the supports are about 6-10 inches away from the edge closest to the waterfall:

DSC08067.jpg

But, in the most recent photos, it looks like they are latching onto the base of the old supports, and the new supports are flush against the edge closest to the waterfall, as shown in attached.

Only reason I can think to do this is to increase the clearance between the fence and cars.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom