Midnight Illuminations

Cosmic Commando

I don't see it as a bad deal.

- you don't need separate admission to Epcot like most Disney events
- Illuminations with only 1,000 to 1,500 people around the entire lagoon?!?
- Jodi Benson concert
- Four rides with the same 1,000 to 1,500 people in the entire park
- free dessert
- transportation back to Disney hotels after the event
- not exciting but having alcohol and soft drinks available to purchase has a cost to Disney, as well.

Since Disney charges ~$50 for shorter dessert parties (without ride access or park admission or Jodi Benson) that can still be fairly crowded themselves, I don't see this as out of line at all.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I don't see it as a bad deal.

- you don't need separate admission to Epcot like most Disney events
- Illuminations with only 1,000 to 1,500 people around the entire lagoon?!?
- Jodi Benson concert
- Four rides with the same 1,000 to 1,500 people in the entire park
- free dessert
- transportation back to Disney hotels after the event
- not exciting but having alcohol and soft drinks available to purchase has a cost to Disney, as well.

Since Disney charges ~$50 for shorter dessert parties (without ride access or park admission or Jodi Benson) that can still be fairly crowded themselves, I don't see this as out of line at all.
I would not be sure that WS will be open at all for this. How can anyone say that $110 for this is not a ripoff. Mind boggling the people defending this.

Cosmic Commando

I would not be sure that WS will be open at all for this. How can anyone say that $110 for this is not a ripoff. Mind boggling the people defending this.
That is a good point; it probably won't be open all the way around. Still, the viewing is probably equivalent to the Disney party with longer food and more perks.

I don't think most people on here mind upcharge events, as long as it doesn't take away from a day guest. This is a private party completely after hours... not worth jumping down not-Disney's throat over something that's not affecting regular guests at all and nobody's being forced to do.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
That is a good point; it probably won't be open all the way around. Still, the viewing is probably equivalent to the Disney party with longer food and more perks.

I don't think most people on here mind upcharge events, as long as it doesn't take away from a day guest. This is a private party completely after hours... not worth jumping down not-Disney's throat over something that's not affecting regular guests at all and nobody's being forced to do.
And that's the truth about the vast majority of upcharge events. They affect normal day guests not at all, but people here complain about them all the time.

This one affects no one, but it is very expensive for what you get.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom