1. The new WDWMAGIC app for iPhone and iPad is now available on the App Store.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Mid-October evenings

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Fable McCloud, May 11, 2017.

1. Fable McCloud

Fable McCloud Well-Known Member

I'm wondering what the average temperature/humidity situation is for mid-October. We're going for the first time to MNSSHP and I'm trying to plan my costume so I don't get heat stroke or sweat all my make-up off.

2. disneygeek90

disneygeek90 Well-Known Member

Really just depends. I've ran in the ToT 10 miler twice that was usually the first weekend in October. One time it was so humid, and other time it was really comfortable. Although, that is while running 10 miles. Even a warm October night shouldn't be too uncomfortable for walking around. Once the sun is down it should be in the 70s.

Fable McCloud likes this.
  3. jaklgreen

jaklgreen Well-Known Member

I have gone in October for the past 6 years. The weather is different every single year. 1 year it rained every day and was chilly, the next year is was crazy hot in the high 90s and humidity, 1 year it was perfect in the 80s and not 1 drop of rain. There is no way to predict mother nature. Check the forecast a few days before you leave.

4. DisneyPrincess5

DisneyPrincess5 Well-Known Member

As previously noted, it's a crap shoot. The one thing on your side is that at least the sun sets by I believe at least 7pm so at least the sun won't be beating down upon you. But yeah, temps and humidity levels vary. I'd prepare for hot and humid, and it's a treat if not.

5. CaptainAmerica

CaptainAmerica Well-Known Member

I'd be more concerned with rain than heat stroke.

6. Mr.Meser

Mr.Meser New Member

October is a difficult time, so you need to prepare for every kind of weather I'm afraid! :confused: