Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

pluto77

Original Poster
I'm sure nobody wants to think about Christmas or snow right now, but..... I was wondering if anybody has been to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party and what your thoughts were on it. We may get a chance to visit Disney for a couple days in December (it's still up in the air), and I was just thinking about this. First of all, do you have to have a full day ticket to be able to buy admission to the christmas party, or can you just buy the ticket to the Christmas party and come to the park when it's time? Do you think it's worth the money? How late is it usually open? I've read a little about it, but what are some of you guys' favorite things that they do for the party that isn't normally in the park? Also, one of my big questions, how busy is the park during this time? Is it generally packed, or do they limit the tickets enough that it's not too bad?

I also read that that the week of Christmas they usually perform the Christmas parade during the day and play the Christmas Wishes! during the night for everyone. Is this how it happens every year? So does that mean that they don't do the extra stuff that they do for the Very Merry Christmas Party on that week? Or do they still have the party at night?

Sorry for all the questions. I actually just got done watching the 2014 vacation planning DVD, and, when this section came up, it reminded me that I am going to be in Florida in December. We were thinking about possibly going early and doing a couple days at Disney.

Oh and one more question. Is Christmas the last day they do the party or does it go through the end of December?

Thanks in advance for anyone's help!

Mukta

First of all, do you have to have a full day ticket to be able to buy admission to the christmas party, or can you just buy the ticket to the Christmas party and come to the park when it's time? You do not need a general admission ticket. The ticket for the party is enough.

Do you think it's worth the money? I do not think it was worth the money I spent, but that I my opinion, You should still try it for yourself.

How late is it usually open? Park will be open til midnight

I've read a little about it, but what are some of you guys' favorite things that they do for the party that isn't normally in the park? Parade, character meet and greets, eating cookies

Also, one of my big questions, how busy is the park during this time? Is it generally packed, or do they limit the tickets enough that it's not too bad? It depends when you go. Some parties are more crowded that others. I went when school was still in session, so the party was not too crowded.

I also read that that the week of Christmas they usually perform the Christmas parade during the day and play the Christmas Wishes! during the night for everyone. Is this how it happens every year? Yes

So does that mean that they don't do the extra stuff that they do for the Very Merry Christmas Party on that week? Or do they still have the party at night? They do not have the party that week

Oh and one more question. Is Christmas the last day they do the party or does it go through the end of December? The last day of the party is before Christmas. In 2013, the last party was on 12/20

ratherbeinwdw

We really enjoy the party. I think it's worth it. The crowds are not that bad early on. We usually do November, so it's not very crowded at all. We, unlike most, like the cookies and hot chocolate. You get a much better view of the parade during the party because of the limited crowd. They will let you in the park at 4. You do not have to wait until 7. We get lots done during those three hours before the crowds get there.

Disneydreamer23

Well The party is midnight there are meet and greets they are always a VERY long line cookies and hot coco is served and included It wasnt busy when I went in Dec 2010 I went Dec 17th Have fun

ZodIsGr8

In my opinion MNSSHP is better but they are both great! You will really enjoy the Christmas Party and the decorations at The Magic Kingdom are amazing that time of year. You should also take in the Osbourne Lights at Hollywood Studios if you have never seen them. Enjoy your trip !!!!!!!

HouCuseChickie

I think the main questions have been answered, but as for it being worth it- I think we're all going to have a variety of opinions. Do I think it's worth it- for the most part, no. Do I think others should do it- probably once just to decide for themselves.

Don't get me wrong...it was fun and festive, but not so great for those prices. Still, you'll never know if it's worth it for you unless you try it for yourself.

pluto77

Original Poster
I think the main questions have been answered, but as for it being worth it- I think we're all going to have a variety of opinions. Do I think it's worth it- for the most part, no. Do I think others should do it- probably once just to decide for themselves.

Don't get me wrong...it was fun and festive, but not so great for those prices. Still, you'll never know if it's worth it for you unless you try it for yourself.
Yeah I understand everyone having different opinions, I just want to hear about people's experiences I guess and as to why they thought it was worth it or not. I do appreciate you and Mukta being honest with your opinions while also acknowledging that other people may feel differently so as to discourage anyone. :)

HouCuseChickie

Yeah I understand everyone having different opinions, I just want to hear about people's experiences I guess and as to why they thought it was worth it or not. I do appreciate you and Mukta being honest with your opinions while also acknowledging that other people may feel differently so as to discourage anyone. :)

I understand. I guess we tried it once to try it. I find Holiday Wishes and the parade to be the 2 prime reasons to attend, yet I personally prefer to watch Holiday Wishes outside the parks so I get a better view of the perimeter effects. The cookies and cocoa are great and all, but I just can't see spending the $ again for a parade and some refreshments. Still, if I hadn't tried it at least once, I would have wondered if I were missing something.

DisneyGirl3820

I am partial to MNSSHP BUT The Christmas Party is just beautiful! It IS worth it and something every Disney fan should go to at least once. We have never encountered enormous crowds because we usually go the weeks right after Thanksgiving and it's fine. Gets very busy about mid-December on so be mindful of that. Hope you have a blast!

inchy warrior

we have been to the christmas parties on three or four occassions, always in early november and never experienced big crowds.
The Holiday Wishes and Christmas parade are great and also we used it to get on rides easier and to experience them in the dark.
However, now we have done the Party we will not do it again for afew years as nothing really changed and we found it fairly expensive.......
But i would recommend you to give it a go at least once

LucyK

For a Disney fan everything is worth doing it at least once. It'll be our first MNSSHP and first MVMCP and I can't wait to go, they seem to be so much fun!

jencor

We went down 2 years ago and had only one day to be at the park and we did the MVMCP. We really enjoyed it and since we only needed a one day ticket, it was much less expensive this way and we were in the park for 8 hours and got the parades, lots of shows and all rides we wanted done. In that case was really worth it. We took the morning to downtown Disney and just before we went to the park we visited Contemporary and Grand Floridian to see the Christmas stuff. It was an enjoyable day. If I was doing more then one day and bought multiple tickets, I would say if it is in your budget go for it, otherwise you will still have a great time with everything to do during the holidays. Either way enjoy your trip.

Chef Mickey

All the questions have been answered so I'll just give my thoughts. It's a fun atmosphere that gives you some extra park time and a little exclusivity. I do think they sell too many tickets, but I had a good time the couple times I've done it.

Frankly, it's overpriced for just some cookies, cocoa, fireworks, and parade...but it does have its own charm. I just like the extra park time. I'd pay a lot more to have fewer people come.

nd140

are all rides open during the Christmas party or just certain ones? Is there a parade similar to the electrical parade during the party? Are there fireworks? Similar to wishes?

Daniel Johnson

They did run the Christmas parade and Christmas fireworks show when we went the day after Christmas day in 2011. Not sure if they still do. But, for what it's worth, the attendance was low, we wrote most everything several times, and saw all the shows. We are planning on attending this year on the day after Christmas day.
We have never been to the party. But, we would like to go once just to experience it.

Plutos Pal

Definitely a party worth trying once. You should go and see for yourself. We went in early December of 2011 and 2012 and really enjoyed it. Our next trip is going to be for the Christmas season. The crowds were not bad at all. Short to no wait on most attractions. Character meet and greets had some lines. Great parade and fireworks show. The overall atmosphere really makes for a great time.

JohnD

are all rides open during the Christmas party or just certain ones? Is there a parade similar to the electrical parade during the party? Are there fireworks? Similar to wishes?

Most rides are open but not all. Some could be under refurb and closed anyway. Being night, Tom Sawyer Island will definitely be closed. Some shows like Tiki Birds could be closed too. But the "major" rides are usually open.

Yes, there is a nighttime Christmas parade and a Christmas-themed fireworks and projection show against the castle.

Magenta Panther

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party is the BEST. I've experienced it twice, and I hope to do so many more times in the future. It is really fun. Great Christmas vibes. Great parade. Great Castle show. Snow on Main Street!!!! The BEST.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom