Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2,017:

foxfamily238

My husband, daughter, and I are planning a trip for the first week in December. We purchased the Christmas Party tickets for Friday December the 8th. This will be the first time we've been there at this time of year, and we haven't done the party before. What's the best plan/strategy? We will have a regular ticket for that day and will be spending the whole day at MK, and will have another partial day there as well. So we most likely won't be trying to ride any rides. We want to do more of the stuff that is just for the Christmas Party. Anyone have any advice/tips/strategy planning etc? Is it best to try to go to Main Street right away and hang out there for all of the shows, fireworks, parade etc? Or see some characters first? Which characters usually have the longest lines? Do the characters meet all the way until 12:00 PM? If you see the second parade, etc is it hard to find a spot because people have just been hanging out there the whole evening? Where's the best spot to watch the shows/fireworks etc. And one more question, if Tinkerbell is meeting, does she meet with Periwinkle, or any other fairies? Any tips, suggestions or advice is very much appreciated! Thanks so much!

I am Timmy

It really depends on your priorities. The xmas party has had an exclusive Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom card each person in your party can get for free (usually at the firehouse - on the left as you enter the park). We always get them first thing. Collectibles are also important to us, so we get in line early (like before 5pm, or check with a store clerk) to get our t-shirts before they run out. I think the best seat for the parade is on Main Street, since you have the added magic of the "snow". For the first parade, though, you have to get your spot early. Character lines can be long, if that is important pick your number one and get in that line right away. You can even have one person stand in line while someone else makes a run for t-shirts. People can enter the park at 4pm, party starts at 7pm, but we've always been able to get collectibles well before 7pm - but you do have to show your wristband (you'll get that for the party) to prove you have a party ticket. There has also be a fun dance party in Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe in Tomorrowland that is especially nice if it starts raining. More info. will come out as it gets closer, esp. characters that will be there. Jack from Nightmare Before Christmas has been there dressed as Sandy Claws, and extremely popular. Have never seen Tinkerbell, but always check beforehand. There has also been free cocoa and cookies, and you could ask for sugarfree options of each.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom